Kia Seltos Forum banner

Seltos wireless charging pad

11K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Roy & Cheryle 
#1 ·
Anyone else having difficultly with the Kia Seltos wireless charging pad? Sometimes it works fine, other times it connects and then blinks on and off connecting and disconnecting? There is a target placement on the pad, doesn't make much difference. iphone 8 works fine on home pad and on charging pad in 2018 Genesis G80, but seldom on the seltos pad.

#2 ·
Yes, I found the same thing with my iPhone X. I discovered that I can’t just throw it in and expect it to work correctly. There is a ridge toward the right hand side of the actual pad. I found that I have to have the top of my phone flush to (or right up against) that ridge. Then the light stays on rather than blinking, and charges just fine. Hope that makes sense..

#6 · (Edited)
Yes so frustrating. Just came back from the dealership and they had no idea what’s wrong - they tried their iPhones and Samsung and it worked well for them.
I have a brand new iPhone 12 mini and it works fine in my 2020 Forte but not the Seltos.
When I left the dealership I turned off the iPhone and put it on the charging pad and it showed that it was charging but as soon as I powered it on (Bluetooth connected) it charged for like 10 seconds and then resumed flashing with a red exclamation mark.

I haven’t set up Apple CarPlay so I’m going to try that and see if that helps sync the device and car and then reattempt to wirelessly charge it (with the device turned on).

#7 ·
as an update no difference re: Apple CarPlay

after testing out different iPhones only conclusion we’ve been able to make is that if you’re using an iPhone case with the magnetic strip (circle) - it messes up the charging pads ability to read the device and charge it even after you take the case off, you have to turn the car off and back on to reset it to charge the device.

sequence
iPhone 12 with magnetic strip case dropped on charging pad - charges for 5 seconds then proceeds to blink

Removed case and placed phone on the pad - mixed results - sometimes recognized it and started charging other times started blinking -no issues when phone placed on the pad after restarting the car without case

hope it works out for you guys

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.