Kia Seltos Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes. I sent a complaint to KIA. Please send an email to KIA, too. Here's the URL for USA: https://ksupport.kiausa.com/ConsumerAffairs/

This was what I sent them on May 14:

=============================================
05/14/2022 10:48:22
Unbelievable! Now, it requires a 64GB USB drive! The 2021 update required only 32 GB. This better have the update on Navigation that I really need: more than 2 waypoints for a 1,800 mile route, auto delete expired or past waypoint, etc, etc, etc.

05/14/2022 05:24:51
What? I have read from the Seltos forum that the April-2022 update for the Seltos takes 1 hour and 17 minutes long while the car is running???? This is ridiculous. I have requested that the Navigation system be separate from the Infotainment/vehicle system on SD card, maybe. With this setup, the update to the nav system is done off-line on a PC. AND what the Nav system does is to just project to the vehicle's display, the Navigation. I bought a 2022 Hyundai and I'm glad that I chose the model without the navigation system. I just updated it with the April2022 update for it and it only took 16 minutes.

Please make the navigation system a separate entity from the vehicles firmware.
=================================================

Received a response from KIA America on May 25, 2022:

Dear ...........,

Thank you for contacting Kia, I do apologize for these concerns and appreciate your feedback I will pass this information along.
Sincerely,

Kia America

1 - 1 of 1 Posts