Kia Seltos Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

86 Posts
The gap should be speed dependent but not based upon the color of the car being that it's using RF (radar) for distance, not the camera. As you increase speed, it requires more space to stop. Nor do I feel the distances will function with perfect repeatability. Approximate how many feet does it vary by?

86 Posts
What does changing your distance setting do for you? Your original post indicates it isn't doing anything. I assume you're not getting error messages.

The distance setting button on the steering wheel does change the distance on where my Seltos starts braking from fairly close to plenty of room. You could try making sure your windshield and radar sensor are clean and try again but I don't think it will matter based upon your description.

If it's giving you close braking distances in the highest distance settings, you need to go on a drive with the mechanic and show them versus telling them about the problem.

The only time my Seltos seems to cut the stopping distance tight is when the separation distance is set to close and the my speed is 50+ mph and a car is stopped way off ahead in the distance. Since this isn't an level 5 autonomous system, I brake the car myself to avoid the situation.

Maybe there is something they can do. I just don't rely on the system as being similar to a full autonomous system. It's an aid, not a substitute for driving.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.