Kia Seltos Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
205 Posts
New SW is available....
On that page there's a link to 'New Features' (not very exciting, no wireless AA, etc. - new features found at Notice | Official Kia Navigation Update Website). There's also a Visit Update.Kia.Com button at the bottom of the Mapnsoft screen above - from there you can get the latest Updater program...and begin the big download (download to hard drive on your PC, then copy that to USB and proceed...)... Hope to give it a shot this week.
By the Way, a 2021 Seltos Turbo SX with navigation has a "Std-Class Gen 5W Nav" screen.
P.S. The Mapnsoft indicates a 64 GB USB is needed - looks like it will fit comfortably on the old 32 GB USB....no need to buy a new one....

·
205 Posts
YOu might want to wait.... The update ran for 45 min then ended with "Contact the the customer service center", and the msg won't go away, even when the car turns fully off! For Pete's sake................

·
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
YOu might want to wait.... The update ran for 45 min then ended with "Contact the the customer service center", and the msg won't go away, even when the car turns fully off! For Pete's sake................
Oh boy. I just finished downloading it onto a flash drive.. does the infotainment reset button change that situation?

·
205 Posts
So, talked to Mapnsoft (now call Hyundai Ever) -- 888 757-0010. They said "Kia changed the whole software setup" ??? and I wasn't the only one having a problem. With the update USB out, I pressed the reset button on the head unit with Mapnsoft on the phone. The message went away, some more "updating", then "restoring data" - then it appears it updated and completed....??!! Here are the current screens which I think show the update (updated s/w and maps). I WOULD WAIT TO DO THIS UPDATE!! I have returned their email and answered many questions for Mapnsoft. Guess no one really tried it back at the shop!

BTW - a local map update I've been waiting for did show up in this update...so that's good.

·
205 Posts
So here is the final reply from Mapnsoft ("Hyundai AutoEver") - they think that my update did ultimately work, and I have some more work to do to test things. I guess it's "Buyer Beware" from what I can make out! I asked if they should stop distributing the update for now... DT

Thank you for the prompt reply. The issue is not happening to every vehicle but it is something we are looking into. We are escalating all the gathered information to Kia so they can look into the issue deeper. If they think the issue is happening more often than not then we will pause the updates if the let us know. Unfortunately with doing updates, you cannot guarantee that nothing will go wrong, even when the updates work perfectly in testing. Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with at this time, thank you again and have a great day!

·
84 Posts
So, talked to Mapnsoft (now call Hyundai Ever) -- 888 757-0010. They said "Kia changed the whole software setup" ??? and I wasn't the only one having a problem. With the update USB out, I pressed the reset button on the head unit with Mapnsoft on the phone. The message went away, some more "updating", then "restoring data" - then it appears it updated and completed....??!! Here are the current screens which I think show the update (updated s/w and maps). I WOULD WAIT TO DO THIS UPDATE!! I have returned their email and answered many questions for Mapnsoft. Guess no one really tried it back at the shop!

BTW - a local map update I've been waiting for did show up in this update...so that's good.

View attachment 1096

View attachment 1097
Thank You for the update, I will skip this one too, in fact unless they come up with wireless AA or avoid unpaved roads in navigation I won't bother doing any updates.

·
205 Posts
Unpaved roads would be good! Our little town got a new Culvers down the road so I went and had a chicken sandwich while the wife was out today...and tried just about everything I could on the infotainment. Everything seems to work fine, and I don't see any differences except a map update I've been looking for, which is encouraging. The only other thing I noticed is that the weather forecast is now out 6 days....could have sworn it was just 3 days in the past but maybe I missed it! I turned Valet Mode on on the phone app, but it is still telling me, in the car, I have to activate it by calling 844-886-9411 - maybe you don't need the car part, just the app. I turned it on once when it was in for service just to test it. I really doubt we or anyone else will see wireless AA or CarPlay on the 10.25" screens - even brand new models are coming out now without it! The other changes seems pretty trivial, as shown on Notice | Official Kia Navigation Update Website Onward, DT

·
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I bit the bullet and ran the update with no hiccups. I wonder what the difference was between our cars…

Everything seems to work as expected.

I’m not paying for the UVO crap - it’s not worth paying that much money for something that other manufacturers give you for free. Doesn’t even work reliably enough to justify subscription cost. Car works fine without it and I’m never far away enough that I NEED to have remote start via cellular.

CarlinKit (on Amazon) will provide wireless CarPlay and seems to work for most people, but I already have too many other devices in my car to upgrade firmware on every month. I’ll stick with the cable for now. Built-in wireless CarPlay will definitely be in my “non-negotiables” list for my next vehicle though!

·
205 Posts
Yeah.... My list would also include non Dual Clutch transmission at this point, but that's another story... I'm interested to see if there will be a 'deal' (if we call) on the UVO subscription... I do like the UVO stuff for vacations...being in strange lands and I like having it tell me I forgot to lock the stupid doors... HOw is Fort Collins doing?

·
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah.... My list would also include non Dual Clutch transmission at this point, but that's another story... I'm interested to see if there will be a 'deal' (if we call) on the UVO subscription... I do like the UVO stuff for vacations...being in strange lands and I like having it tell me I forgot to lock the stupid doors... HOw is Fort Collins doing?
DCT is great when it’s not the dry clutch we have in ours. I think Kia knows it doesn’t work well and they haven’t been putting it in new drivetrains - but I’m sure they’re not ready for a Seltos redesign just yet

Fort Collins is busy these days - CSU kids everywhere (glad I have the dashcam). Been in Boulder a lot more than usual but I like doing the drives between so not a big deal! Thought I might have seen you driving the other day when I was getting through Loveland but I ended up waving at a guy younger than me and totally confusing him haha

·
205 Posts
Check out this post today from our Canadian Kia dealer. He is saying that there will never be wireless Android auto and Carplay in the 10 and a half quarter inch screens.

·
205 Posts
I had a long talk with UVO Support yesterday as the "Valet" feature has been updated in the latest s/w updated out on 11/8, last Monday. Another thing that no one uses but I turn it on when it's in for service just for grins - the updated Valet feature is supposed to give you more info while it's in the mode. This about the only substantial s/w change in the new release from what I see (besides updated maps). When I tap on 'Valet' on the home screen (scroll left to see it) I just get a pop-up saying you have to call UVO Support to get it activated, but when I did, they don't know nothing about that message!!!... The original Kia Connect Valet feature on the phone app still seems to work - with some pre-set amount of miles you can travel, then the "Valet Alert" pops up on the screen and you get notified on the app, etc. Anyway, I sent them lots of pictures and we'll see if the 'case' gets any traction. Otherwise, the new release seems to work fine, even with my problem installing it!

·
2021 Seltos SX
7 Posts
Anyone from Canada able to download the latest version for the 2021 Seltos?

When I try, the app says the update is not available yet and to try again later.
But when I select the 2022 Seltos, there is an update.

Is there a difference between 2021 and 2022 units that would change the update, or prevent from working on the 2021 model?

·
15 Posts
Anyone from Canada able to download the latest version for the 2021 Seltos?

When I try, the app says the update is not available yet and to try again later.
But when I select the 2022 Seltos, there is an update.

Is there a difference between 2021 and 2022 units that would change the update, or prevent from working on the 2021 model?
Hi... yes I did uodate - no issues.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts