Kia Seltos Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
205 Posts
Just saw this in the Palisade forum but should apply to us...looks like the Radio display/channel order may change...in April.... :) THis is kind of interesting, if true... FYI
---------------------------
Ever since I purchased my Palisade I have been beyond disappointed like many at the lack of functionality on the infotainment system. Because of my job I have access to names and phone numbers of executives from many companies. After many C-Level Executives from Hyundai ignoring me for quite some time I received a call from a Director in the Display and Navigations division. I do not know how much everyone wants to know but they say they make their design decisions based on a consumer group in Korea. That group thought presets in numerical order was a prefered method. The reason for lack of album art, numbers instead of logos in the presets for SiriusXM and many other options that most infotainment systems have in today's cars is they thought it would be safer not to have these features as having them would take your eye off the road. I would argue it does the opposite but that is why our radios are so bland.

The gentleman I spoke to said he agrees with everything I said. He stated North America does not get much say into these decisions but they are working on changing this. He guaranteed the April 2022 update will bring back presets in the order we choose and there might be a complete redesign but he would only commit to the presets changing.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts