Kia Seltos Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
2021 Kia Seltos S FWD
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I downloaded the updater software and went through the whole process wondering why the car wouldn't detect the update files and realized the software downloaded the Gen5W version, so I manually typed in the info and the standard Gen5 isn't listed in the software or the supported car list? I really only use CarPlay but would like to keep things up to date and am kind of disappointed that they show the standard Gen5 update screenshots but I can't get it. I've attached a photo of the model/software info.

·
2021 KIA Seltos SX Turbo
124 Posts
AustinZveare, don't waste your time. I just finished updating and was extremely disappointed with the upgrade. I will be making another post on this subject. It took about 2 hours sitting in my car to update. It changed all my settings, screens. The home screen is Awful. I had a splendid 3-way divided screen showing Nav, Radio station info & Weather. Now it shows the same, but the screen is very dark purple, Radio station is hard to see, very small font. Weather is the same. All the Icons are the same color purple/blue color. They have made many changes. So if you like what you currently have, don't bother updating. My opinion it's not worth it.

·
2021 Kia Seltos S FWD
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AustinZveare, don't waste your time. I just finished updating and was extremely disappointed with the upgrade. I will be making another post on this subject. It took about 2 hours sitting in my car to update. It changed all my settings, screens. The home screen is Awful. I had a splendid 3-way divided screen showing Nav, Radio station info & Weather. Now it shows the same, but the screen is very dark purple, Radio station is hard to see, very small font. Weather is the same. All the Icons are the same color purple/blue color. They have made many changes. So if you like what you currently have, don't bother updating. My opinion it's not worth it.
I gathered that much from other peoples posts but didn't expect it to be that bad... considering that I can't even get the update I guess it's for the best.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts