Kia Seltos Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

2023 EX
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Is there a KIA site that will show the current software, firmware, NAV/map versions so I can see if I need to update? Not having any luck on searching the KIA site. Thanks.

2023 EX
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for info. My Infotainment software should automatically update as I have KIA Connect Ultimate. Next oil change I will check with them on software/firmware.

332 Posts
Here are my notes if they help - there is nothing automatic, believe me, even with the Ultimate package. At the bottom are screen shots after the Nov '22 update in the U.S.

START HERE: Seems best to start with mapnsoft.com to check if latest update is available. Then…go to Update.kia.com for the navigation updater tool download (get latest and download to your PC) and description of recent updates in the Notifications tab - print to pdf and include save. Seltos has a "Std-Class Gen 5W Nav" device. mapnsoft.com directs you back to update.kia.com. (It also has other updates available under "Notifications" section - e.g., Audio Gen 1 'Audio Software Updates' (doesn't apply to the Seltos with navigation).

- After verifying there is a new update at mapnsoft.com, get the "Navigation Updater" program from update.kia.com - always get the latest version for each update!!
- Run the "Navigation Updater" app on the PC with these Settings: Portable Storage = USB (this is what you will insert into the car later on for the update vs. SD card for older cars). Storage Location of Update File: Hard Disk - where default download file is downloaded, on your PC, to begin with (on my PC) c:\users\first\downloads\NaU - ensure that is emptied first from the previous update to avoid confusion.
- Then insert the 64 GB USB in PC and use the "Navigation Updater" program again to format the USB drive and copy the downloaded file to the 64 GB USB for use in car. About 45 min to copy to the USB. Rename the USB if you want (right click/Properties). Eject the USB as usual for safety.
- NOTE: As of 10/22, should give option to complete update with car off - otherwise make sure you turn off the '30 minute car turns off time' before doing the update as it can take well over an hour to do the update in the car). Note: I tried the "update with car off" option and it told me the battery couldn't handle it - did update with car running.
- Disconnect Bluetooth on phones - then insert USB with the new updates in the center port (not the right side charging port) and start the car - should prompt for to make the update automatically (else start at Settings / General). (Choose "complete with car off" or "Immediate" if it gives you that option.) Took 75 min for 4/22 update. Ensure the car does not turn off automatically!!
- Take pix of new SW and map versions (Settings / General) for records.

2023 KIA Seltos SX
208 Posts
I did successfully upgrade my '23 using '22 data. I still think it comes from the factory with '22 data on it. Dealership told me if its wrong, it just won't load. So I went ahead and tried. I didn't select the '22'. I used the 'Enter the Navigation system model name or software version'. And entered the information from the settings on the head unit in the car.

The update completed successfully. The version now shows a date of 20221015 (which was when the last update came out), it was previously May 2022. I've noticed no changes or differences. But I do run almost entirely in Android Auto so maybe something else there. I did this 4 or 5 days ago but I really haven't driven much since.

2023 Seltos Nightfall AWD
12 Posts
I did successfully upgrade my '23 using '22 data. I still think it comes from the factory with '22 data on it. Dealership told me if its wrong, it just won't load. So I went ahead and tried. I didn't select the '22'. I used the 'Enter the Navigation system model name or software version'. And entered the information from the settings on the head unit in the car.

The update completed successfully. The version now shows a date of 20221015 (which was when the last update came out), it was previously May 2022. I've noticed no changes or differences. But I do run almost entirely in Android Auto so maybe something else there. I did this 4 or 5 days ago but I really haven't driven much since.
sounds like I might try this.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts