Kia Seltos Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Super Moderator
2022 SX Turbo - Gravity Grey / Burgundy Interior
425 Posts
Is anyone else experiencing some noise when turning the steering wheel in any direction when the outside temps fall below 40 degrees Fahrenheit?
Was just out driving around at -28C (-18F), no noises...mind you I park underground so the system doesn't really get as cold. I have to park outside for a few hours later this morning, so I'll update if I notice anything later.

Seltos GT-line, (=SX), 2020 model, Mars Orange, 1.6L turbo, AWD
224 Posts
Is anyone else experiencing some noise when turning the steering wheel in any direction when the outside temps fall below 40 degrees Fahrenheit?
I did have a bad case of that in a previous vehicle. It usually emanates from the wriring inside the centre steering wheel boss where the wires to the horn and other things are, and have to rotate with the wheel. I sprayed some graphite lubricant in there and fixed it. Mind you, it was not one of these models with so much more now on the wheel, so it would pay to check with the electrical folk at your dealer re that trick first. But graphite shouldn't interfere with any necessary electrical connectivity. They may have a better solution - or a better spray though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts