Kia Seltos Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!! So we have a 2021 Seltos EX Premium. I recently had studded winter tires installed. I have had studded tires on previous vehicles and I know they’re a bit noisy. BUT, my Seltos literally sounds like I’m inside a small engine airplane (especially at hwy speeds). I’m not joking, it’s SO loud we almost need hearing protection. Anybody else experience this or did I just get horrible tires? I need to know if it’s the car or the tires!

·
156 Posts
Anybody else experience this or did I just get horrible tires? I need to know if it’s the car or the tires!
Probably a result of the sound deadening (lack thereof). Seltos has a good amount of road noise with any tire at highway speed. It’s something I hope they fix with the next generation.

I don’t use studded snows anymore - I feel like snow tire tech has become pretty solid and its extremely rare that I wish I studded mine. But as said above, studs will also add a lot of noise into the mix. I would imagine the combo of those tires and Seltos might make in-car conversation difficult

1 - 3 of 3 Posts