Kia Seltos Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 Seltos SX Starbright Yellow
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd sure like to know how those of us in the US can get tail lights with amber turns, like the ones pictured in the Seltos Forum banner. I've seen other photos with the amber turns, and assume those are Euro models. Also, I've been attempting to buy illuminated door sill plates, and even though the accessory catalog shows them, the part number is for Souls. Now they say "coming soon." Anyone have any insight on those, or know of nice looking stainless aftermarket sill plates?

·
29 Posts
I'd sure like to know how those of us in the US can get tail lights with amber turns, like the ones pictured in the Seltos Forum banner. I've seen other photos with the amber turns, and assume those are Euro models. Also, I've been attempting to buy illuminated door sill plates, and even though the accessory catalog shows them, the part number is for Souls. Now they say "coming soon." Anyone have any insight on those, or know of nice looking stainless aftermarket sill plates?
Try KIA part number KOF45 AC000

·
29 Posts
KIA does some strange things when it come to the Seltos. Depending where you live (Korea, India, Canada and the USA) your Seltos can be completely different. In Canada you can get Heads Up unit, heated rear seats, air filter, and a choice of color with the seats. In the US, you can not get any of those things.

You might have seen a 2020 Seltos. Check your dealer and see if the have a tail light with the amber turn signal lens.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
KIA does some strange things when it come to the Seltos. Depending where you live (Korea, India, Canada and the USA) your Seltos can be completely different. In Canada you can get Heads Up unit, heated rear seats, air filter, and a choice of color with the seats. In the US, you can not get any of those things.

You might have seen a 2020 Seltos. Check your dealer and see if the have a tail light with the amber turn signal lens.
I've tried the part # Steve provided, and can't find anything with it. Also called couple of dealers who also came up with nothing. Very frustrating what Kia is doing with the Seltos. Pretty decent little car, but a few more options would have hit one out of the park for them. Power passenger seat, panoramic sunroof, power tailgate, etc. A Bose audio system that sounds like a Bose audio system would also have been pretty cool! I can't believe what they passed off as a Bose system. Very disappointed in Kia with this car. Fuel mileage also nowhere near what it should be. Dealer says when it hits 8,000 miles it'll somehow magically get way better! I've been working on cars over 50 years now, and that is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard!

·
29 Posts
Sorry about that part number. I got that from a KIA web sight. The SX model has everything you mentioned except a power liftgate. I did put a power liftgate on my SX. It came from CHINA and works great.
You might go on EBAY and look for KIA Seltos accessories. They have a bunch, but most of them come from China. Most of them are OK, but there is some cheap crap. Just be careful if you decide to buy

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmmm. I have an SX and it doesn't have power passenger seat or panoramic sunroof. You sure about those? I was told those options aren't available. I've have ordered a couple of things from China through ebay, but as you say (and as is my experience with Chinese stuff in general) the quality can be dubious. I'd like illuminated sill plates, and even though Kia shows a part number for those, that number is actually for Soul sill plates. Kia now says "coming soon." So I ordered decals for the sill plates (crap) and aluminum/stainless steel sill plates (more crap) both from China and they're junk. The power lift gate isn't a big deal for me. It would have been nice, but not a "must have" for me.

·
9 Posts
Hmmm. I have an SX and it doesn't have power passenger seat or panoramic sunroof. You sure about those? I was told those options aren't available. I've have ordered a couple of things from China through ebay, but as you say (and as is my experience with Chinese stuff in general) the quality can be dubious. I'd like illuminated sill plates, and even though Kia shows a part number for those, that number is actually for Soul sill plates. Kia now says "coming soon." So I ordered decals for the sill plates (crap) and aluminum/stainless steel sill plates (more crap) both from China and they're junk. The power lift gate isn't a big deal for me. It would have been nice, but not a "must have" for me.
The canadian SX Turbo has power passenger seat and a regular sunroof. No panoramic sunroof available yet in any market. We also have front ventilated seats and heated steering wheel but no black roof. Weird decision

1 - 7 of 7 Posts