Kia Seltos Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone, I recently got my Seltos SX Turbo. I like the car a lot and everything is working fine. However since day 1 I noticed a weird noise coming from the engine. You can hear it from outside or inside, but inside is clearer. It sounds like some sort of buzzing/whirring noise. It is most audible when I mildly accelerate to low rpm. It seems to me it might be related to the turbo, like the turbo spooling up. But it feels way too loud to me. I had turbo cars and none of then made this noise. It never goes away, even at higher rpm, but then it gets covered by the engine noise. It goes away when from a certain speed, I take off my foot from the gas pedal, but it comes back for a couple of seconds when the car downshift because it is slowing down. The day I got the car, I also test drive another one from the dealer lot, and it made the same sound. So I feel it is not an actual problem, but some sort of design. It is a bit annoying as it makes me feel I am driving a toy. What is your experience?

·
105 Posts
Hi everyone, I recently got my Seltos SX Turbo. I like the car a lot and everything is working fine. However since day 1 I noticed a weird noise coming from the engine. You can hear it from outside or inside, but inside is clearer. It sounds like some sort of buzzing/whirring noise. It is most audible when I mildly accelerate to low rpm. It seems to me it might be related to the turbo, like the turbo spooling up. But it feels way too loud to me. I had turbo cars and none of then made this noise. It never goes away, even at higher rpm, but then it gets covered by the engine noise. It goes away when from a certain speed, I take off my foot from the gas pedal, but it comes back for a couple of seconds when the car downshit because it is slowing down. The day I got the car, I also test drive another one from the dealer lot, and it made the same sound. So I feel it is not an actual problem, but some sort of design. It is a bit annoying as it makes me feel I am driving a toy. What is your experience?
Interesting noise. Seltos just turned 18K miles and have heard a similar sound.

·
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting noise. Seltos just turned 18K miles and have heard a similar sound.
Thanks for the reply. My car has 350 miles, so brand new. I am also thinking that the noise might be the fuel injectors, but I am no expert.
Do you hear the sound all the time?

·
164 Posts
Hey @FrankMN can you share a video with us that captures this sound? It should help us figure out what exactly it could be. YouTube would be the best place to upload it and embed here by placing the video URL in a comment.

·
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey @FrankMN can you share a video with us that captures this sound? It should help us figure out what exactly it could be. YouTube would be the best place to upload it and embed here by placing the video URL in a comment.
I did try, but is not really clear on video as it is not that loud and the background noise will cover it. I can try again. The sound could be compared to an old computer fan that spin a little off axes, at a constant speed. For this reason I am kind of leaning toward the idea of the fuel injectors as if was the turbo the rotation should change speed, correct?

·
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have you heard the sound recently or has it always been making it like @FrankMN?
I have been hearing it since day 1. Even a different new sx turbo from the dealer lot had the same noise. This makes me less nervous as I think it is not really a problem, just an annoying thing that I would love if it could fixed

·
2 Posts
Hi everyone, I recently got my Seltos SX Turbo. I like the car a lot and everything is working fine. However since day 1 I noticed a weird noise coming from the engine. You can hear it from outside or inside, but inside is clearer. It sounds like some sort of buzzing/whirring noise. It is most audible when I mildly accelerate to low rpm. It seems to me it might be related to the turbo, like the turbo spooling up. But it feels way too loud to me. I had turbo cars and none of then made this noise. It never goes away, even at higher rpm, but then it gets covered by the engine noise. It goes away when from a certain speed, I take off my foot from the gas pedal, but it comes back for a couple of seconds when the car downshift because it is slowing down. The day I got the car, I also test drive another one from the dealer lot, and it made the same sound. So I feel it is not an actual problem, but some sort of design. It is a bit annoying as it makes me feel I am driving a toy. What is your experience?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts