Kia Seltos Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone experience a hesitation when starting off slow? I sometimes get this and then it lurches forward

·
69 Posts
Has anyone experience a hesitation when starting off slow? I sometimes get this and then it lurches forward
I have experienced this. It happens mostly when I am on a slope and start off with minimal pressure on the gas pedal. I presume it is one of the idiocentrciteis of a Dual Clutch transmission.I've also noticed placing my foot squarely on the pedal helps too. Having driven an MGB for years, pivoting on my heel is a rather bad habit!

·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Normal for a Kia DCT perhaps. My BMW M4 and a earlier M3 did not have any issues. Of course I could buy 3 Seltos for the price of one M car.

·
2021 Kia Seltos SX Turbo Lunar Orange
22 Posts
Mine doesn’t do this. I’m always puzzled when I hear that some have experienced it.

·
8 Posts
Normal for a Kia DCT perhaps. My BMW M4 and a earlier M3 did not have any issues. Of course I could buy 3 Seltos for the price of one M car.
That's because BMW uses a "wet clutch" rather than Kia's dry clutch. Dry saves money and allows the 7-speed DCT to be a reasonable packaging option for this car, wet would likely be cost-prohibitive.

·
9 Posts
I was trying to find the release from Kia stating that a slight hesitation and shudder was normal but, for the life of me I can't come across it.

·
8 Posts
Mine does this as well. Sometimes I put the car in manual sports mode from a stop to avoid the stalled/lag feeling and the lurch that follows.

·
2021 kia seltos sx
9 Posts
just got the car and noticed the same issue. Turning off the engine shutoff switch fixed the issue for me

·
2021 kia seltos sx
9 Posts
Also wanted to mention something I've noticed but still testing. It seems that putting the gear in the S mode and leaving it there creates smoother and faster shifts no matter what mode your in. I leave mine in smart mode(still breaking car in and only have 200 miles on the car) and the car feels sportier except the steering feel. No rough stop and go in the s position

·
2021 Kia Seltos SX Turbo Lunar Orange
22 Posts
I’m totally surprised. I don’t have this behaviour at all. I leave it in Smart mode. Maybe it’s my driving style having owned dual clutch before. Honestly it feels pretty much like a tc transmission only shifts much quicker.

·
2021 kia seltos sx
9 Posts
I’m totally surprised. I don’t have this behaviour at all. I leave it in Smart mode. Maybe it’s my driving style having owned dual clutch before. Honestly it feels pretty much like a tc transmission only shifts much quicker.
I have experienced what others have. It only happens when trying to creep forward from a stop but turning off the engine stop and go button completely got rid of this issue. I have never owned a dual clutch transmission so I'm not aware of its behavior but I do like how smooth and fast it shifts. This is my wife's car and I haven't had much time to play around with it but I like the car alot, and considering getting a
kia when my subaru lease is up next year

·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I experience this when I reverse out of my driveway, stop, shift to drive, and try to drive off at a normal speed. I have driven many cars with DCT's transmission

·
8 Posts
I experience this when I reverse out of my driveway, stop, shift to drive, and try to drive off at a normal speed. I have driven many cars with DCT's transmission
I’m not sure why you keep going back to your experience - it’s been explained that this is totally normal behavior for a dry clutch DCT. If you had the experience you’re claiming, you wouldn’t be posting this. Congrats on owning a BMW, you’re in the wrong forum for price conversation regarding different manufacturers.

The DCT information tag that was hanging on your gear selector when the Seltos was purchased explains this behavior - and says it’s normal. There’s nothing else to be said on this subject

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts