Kia Seltos Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone experience a hesitation when starting off slow? I sometimes get this and then it lurches forward

·
57 Posts
Has anyone experience a hesitation when starting off slow? I sometimes get this and then it lurches forward
I have experienced this. It happens mostly when I am on a slope and start off with minimal pressure on the gas pedal. I presume it is one of the idiocentrciteis of a Dual Clutch transmission.I've also noticed placing my foot squarely on the pedal helps too. Having driven an MGB for years, pivoting on my heel is a rather bad habit!

·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Normal for a Kia DCT perhaps. My BMW M4 and a earlier M3 did not have any issues. Of course I could buy 3 Seltos for the price of one M car.

·
2021 Kia Seltos SX Turbo Lunar Orange
18 Posts
Mine doesn’t do this. I’m always puzzled when I hear that some have experienced it.

·
4 Posts
Normal for a Kia DCT perhaps. My BMW M4 and a earlier M3 did not have any issues. Of course I could buy 3 Seltos for the price of one M car.
That's because BMW uses a "wet clutch" rather than Kia's dry clutch. Dry saves money and allows the 7-speed DCT to be a reasonable packaging option for this car, wet would likely be cost-prohibitive.

·
9 Posts
I was trying to find the release from Kia stating that a slight hesitation and shudder was normal but, for the life of me I can't come across it.

·
4 Posts
Mine does this as well. Sometimes I put the car in manual sports mode from a stop to avoid the stalled/lag feeling and the lurch that follows.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts