Kia Seltos Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
53 Posts
I was trying to find the release from Kia stating that a slight hesitation and shudder was normal but, for the life of me I can't come across it.
You won't, dry sump DCT are designed to do that to reduce over heating and extreme wear. You actually get use to it...and learn how to respond to it.

·
2021 Kia Seltos SX
13 Posts
I went in last Friday for a computer update. They had called me to offer me my free oil change, and i told them i only use full synthetic, and i had already done the first oil change.
I then asked them about a computer update that was offered in the US i believe, that deals with the hesitations when taking off. She said, let me look, and low and behold, it was available.
I have noticed a big difference right off the bat, its shifting a little differently in sport mode, not staying at 3000 rpm, but dropping to around 2600 rpm. Overall an improvement for sure. Shifting is much smoother.

·
71 Posts
I went in last Friday for a computer update. They had called me to offer me my free oil change, and i told them i only use full synthetic, and i had already done the first oil change.
I then asked them about a computer update that was offered in the US i believe, that deals with the hesitations when taking off. She said, let me look, and low and behold, it was available.
I have noticed a big difference right off the bat, its shifting a little differently in sport mode, not staying at 3000 rpm, but dropping to around 2600 rpm. Overall an improvement for sure. Shifting is much smoother.
Sorry off topic, what oil filter do you use.

·
53 Posts
I’m totally surprised. I don’t have this behaviour at all. I leave it in Smart mode. Maybe it’s my driving style having owned dual clutch before. Honestly it feels pretty much like a tc transmission only shifts much quicker.
And holds the RPM higher in sport mode , which lowers fuel mileage I noticed. Smart more the best mode, I which to S if in a rush. LOL

·
2021 Kia Seltos SX
13 Posts
And holds the RPM higher in sport mode , which lowers fuel mileage I noticed. Smart more the best mode, I which to S if in a rush. LOL
For an SUV its size, even if you drive constantly in sport mode, the gas mileage always amazes me.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts