Kia Seltos Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone have done system updates on none navi Seltos? KIA/Hyundai provides free updates and owners can download for free. in 2020 there were total of three update that went into my 2019 Niro Touring which has an oem navi system. it's not just a map update for system update that included Apple/Android interfaces.

·
32 Posts
Yep. I’ve done them via computer and then USB in the Seltos. Pretty easy. And seems to always be map and full system update in one.

·
175 Posts
See this discussion re the "November update"

·
175 Posts
Maybe you don't need the update... But I would call your country's Kia Customer Service and see if they can be of help (some of them don't know much, some do). Here in the US they directed me to Mapnsoft, which is the company that actually packages the updates. There is a chat option there. Don't know if they can help with India though..... It's a confusing part of Kia updates... Kia Mapcare | FAQs / Contact Us

·
2021 Kia Seltos SX - Gravity Grey
20 Posts
is it work on any region , and when i search by Model / Software version its not searching View attachment 655 View attachment 654
Interesting, I did link you to the Middle East region so that should have hopefully been correct, and yes I would imagine that the update is region specific as it would download those specific maps. When I used the installer it again asked me what region and I picked US for mine. In the photo you show under "Select Vehicle" and "Select Model" there was a list of vehicles and years for me and I was able to just select from that without needing to put in my specific software information. I even tried switching over to the Middle East region and the list of vehicles still showed up for me. So I'm a little stumped with why it's not showing up for you. Did you make a kia account? It asked me for one when I first used that app. I created that here: Kia Owners Portal not sure if that has anything to do with your issue or not, but worth a shot. Lastly I would just uninstall the program and reinstall and see if that works. Otherwise yea, it might be a dealer issue unfortunately. Here's a couple of shots of what my installer app looks like US vs ME:

·
2021 KIA Seltos SX Turbo
117 Posts
I wish KIA or Hyundai would list the minimum capacity jump drive needed to download the update. I eventually purchased a 256gb jump drive which worked. After 2 hours of sitting in my car, waiting for it to complete, I was Extremely UnHappy with the results. The most current update changed all my screen settings.

• The new home screen is Awful. My previous screen had a splendid 3-way divided screen, showing Nav, Radio Station (clearly the logo, station, very easy to see) and Weather shown in bold, nice look very easy to see. Latest update changed it to a Dark Purple Mess. Right side of screen in very faint is the Nav, Very Hard to See. On the left is the Temp, very small, weather very small and only the radio station, no graphics at all. I wish someone could tell me how I can customize the home screen.
    • All the Icons changed color, to a blue/purple darker color. Harder to see.
    • Radio button, shows a dumb looking old time tubes and no Station graphics NOT GOOD!
    • Navigation show a better resolution, but the side icons aren't there you have to touch the NAV screen and it rolls down. Harder to do while driving! You end up tapping your finger twice to change a function, such as zoom etc. I'm hoping I missed something to lock it in place. NOT GOOD!
    **Please see the additional photo of what I had previously. The difference between an Crystal Clear (3) page window and that Purple (Inactive) screen it now shows.

I now have to sit through and reset all the setting preferences AGAIN. It claims it retains them, but mostly their changes or modified.
One of my Biggest Complaints with the previous system, was the Terrible Dobbler Radar. It was quite useless for me. I was hoping they would fix/update it. .........NO! That they didn't change. The Dobbler radar that only scrolls North and South and My home town is too far west off the screen!
"I wish I didn't upgrade it", just wasn't worth it! I'll post some photos of it soon.

Attachments

·
175 Posts
How to Update | Official Kia Navigation Update Website is what I used. Somewhere I read that you should use 32 GB USB drive - that works fine (the update is about 25 GB if I remember). You see the "Purple Wasteland" screen, not customization is possible as far as we have seen. It calms my wife down so I've brown acustomed to it. The last update added the day and date under the time so there's that..... The radio screen is the worst IMHO - you can't see the full Sirius station name so have to be familiar with the station number - few people like that. Naviation and be full screen or left 2/3 of screen with the widgets or what ever they are called on the right side, up and down like you said. I don't know if theDoppler radar changed or not, but, like you, I live far enough north of Denver that it doesn't apply to me - it only shows the Denver area.... Kia giveth, and Kia taketh away. Sorry you're disappointed, a lot of people are. If you look at Youtubes of the latest Kia/Hyundais, you'll see the Purple Wasteland on all of them these days....

·
1 Posts
I can't update for 10.25 inch multimedia on my seltos 1.4 tubo. I downloaded the update but the update button is hidden and the file screen is not supported.
I live in Southeast Asia (Vietnam)

·
2021 KIA Seltos SX Turbo
117 Posts
I can't update for 10.25 inch multimedia on my seltos 1.4 tubo. I downloaded the update but the update button is hidden and the file screen is not supported.
I live in Southeast Asia (Vietnam)
My Strong Advice is: DON'T UPDATE! Your current version is Much Better than the HORRIBLE UPDATE. DO NOT UPDATE.

·
1 Posts
My Strong Advice is: DON'T UPDATE! Your current version is Much Better than the HORRIBLE UPDATE. DO NOT UPDATE.
STRONG AGREE. DO NOT update. you gain nothing and lose stuff. awful update. ugly, less functional, and ruined my highway drive assist....the whole reason I bought the highest trim.
`

1 - 15 of 15 Posts