Kia Seltos Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently in a 2020 Kia Soul LX. I find the low speed braking to be sensitive, the cruise control to be imprecise, the steering to be tight and fast (you need to drive the car), cross wind handling on the freeway to be good but a little surprising (again you need to drive the car, a little bit could be the Nexum tires), and great mileage (35-40 mpg mixed driving). Looking for information on how the AWD Seltos compares to the Soul?

Thanks, Bo T

Kia Seltos SX Turbo 2021
3 Posts
I have a 2021 AWD Seltos. In high winds you do need to hold on a bit tighter. I've only ever experienced one to two vehicles (big semis) that caused it to shake and jar me when I was driving on a two lane.

When AWD is on I averaged about 25mpg. When it is off I average 30+mpg.

The breaking can be sensitive, still, at very low speeds (less than 15mph).

I have never had an issue with my cruise control (thank goodness because I use it on the daily).

1 Posts
I have a 2021 AWD Seltos. In high winds you do need to hold on a bit tighter. I've only ever experienced one to two vehicles (big semis) that caused it to shake and jar me when I was driving on a two lane.

When AWD is on I averaged about 25mpg. When it is off I average 30+mpg.

The breaking can be sensitive, still, at very low speeds (less than 15mph).

I have never had an issue with my cruise control (thank goodness because I use it on the daily).
I have 22 seltos awd from the day 9/22, I drove it home I felt like I was blowing all over road having to hold wheel tight Bringing it back to dealership was waste of time. I’m a woman don’t know how to drive 4wd. It’s not in 4wd then they say it’s windy. I’m in FLORIDA no wind unless it a rain storm. Then it’s the tires I’m not used too 🤦🏻‍♀️ I’ve given up w the nonsense & once new cars become available I’m trading in. PS I’ve owned many 4wd dirt bikes & ATVs.

· Super Moderator
2022 SX Turbo - Gravity Grey / Burgundy Interior
334 Posts
I have 22 seltos awd from the day 9/22, I drove it home I felt like I was blowing all over road having to hold wheel tight Bringing it back to dealership was waste of time. I’m a woman don’t know how to drive 4wd. It’s not in 4wd then they say it’s windy. I’m in FLORIDA no wind unless it a rain storm. Then it’s the tires I’m not used too 🤦🏻‍♀️ I’ve given up w the nonsense & once new cars become available I’m trading in. PS I’ve owned many 4wd dirt bikes & ATVs.
lol...from the day 9/22?
You joined just to spout nonsense?
Sounds like there is something wrong with the steering wheel actuator.

5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol...from the day 9/22?
You joined just to spout nonsense?
Sounds like there is something wrong with the steering wheel actuator.
With one post I will discount cazey reply. However, the first reply (Suzy Q) seems genuine. Just FYI, my wife and I decided upon the Crosstrek Premium mainly due to the ride (much nicer compared to the Soul), and the low speed braking (irritates me). The price is comparable to the Seltos S with AWD. Of course, the KIA warranty is much better. Thanks to all who replied.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts