Kia Seltos Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
2021 Seltos SX
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can’t find the recommended tire pressure for the SX turbo in my manual. Anyone know what it should be??

·
92 Posts
Not off the top of me head - either 30 or 32 with OEM everything in the US.

Open the drivers door and take a look at the sticker in the door jamb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
2021 Seltos SX
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not off the top of me head - either 30 or 32 with OEM everything in the US.

Open the drivers door and take a look at the sticker in the door jamb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks!! Didn’t know about the sticker in the door jamb. You’re awesome!

·
87 Posts
Generally, you should follow the sticker in the doorjamb as long as it doesn't contradict the tire manufacturer. Tire makers don't generally put recommended pressures on tires. They have maximum pressures, not recommended because there are multiple variables involved (vehicle weight, max load rating, top speed, temperature ranges, etc). The tire manufacturer trusts that the automaker will make solid recommendations based on engineering info.

The exception is if its Ford and the tires are Firestone. Ford recommended a pressure outside of Firestone's engineering recommendations for the Explorer when they had the exploding tire issue. Ford did it for ride quality issues, not safety.

·
14 Posts
My "S" says 35 front, 33 rear and I cannot believe you'd go wrong following these #s off of the door jamb of mine regardless of "S" or SX
normally on some SUV/Trucks/911 have rear with higher PSI but not sure why Seltos is not like other light vehicles with same PSI for both front and rear. I am sticking with mfg recommendation.

·
18 Posts
I can’t find the recommended tire pressure for the SX turbo in my manual. Anyone know what it should be??
it's in the back of the book and on a door sticker driver side I have the 235X45X18" wheels and it recommends 33PSI I keep mine at 34PSI..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts