Kia Seltos Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
205 Posts
I got my car in July, so i have whatever s/w was running then. Havent updated to this Nov release.

Regardless, i can still have 3 screens. and just slide the far right one up and down to get different information. (weather, compass, etc)
Right - the two screen only stuff started I believe with the update from last April... With the current s/w and maps, you only have two screens but the right hand screen does scroll up and down as you mentioned... If you want the latest maps, you'll need to update the s/w.... The purple screen and new home screen will grow on you..............or grow somewhere

·
10 Posts
Right - the two screen only stuff started I believe with the update from last April... With the current s/w and maps, you only have two screens but the right hand screen does scroll up and down as you mentioned... If you want the latest maps, you'll need to update the s/w.... The purple screen and new home screen will grow on you..............or grow somewhere
My Seltos SX came with the purple screen, etc when i got it in July. So its all ive ever known, and have no issues with it.
I can still get 3 screens and scroll up/down on the right side screen.

·
205 Posts
My Seltos SX came with the purple screen, etc when i got it in July. So its all ive ever known, and have no issues with it.
I can still get 3 screens and scroll up/down on the right side screen.
So you have a whole bunch of people on this forum ready to shoot their Seltos because of the three screens going away with these updates (and they hate the purple too)... Could you take a minute to go to Setup / General and take a picture of your software and map versions and respond? Here is what things look like now with the latest release:

Note - the home screen does allow you to swipe twice to the left...but like a map screen has the larger left side and optional right side (can scroll up/down on right side) - that's it. We cannot have say the map, weather and radio all displaying at same time.

·
10 Posts
So you have a whole bunch of people on this forum ready to shoot their Seltos because of the three screens going away with these updates (and they hate the purple too)... Could you take a minute to go to Setup / General and take a picture of your software and map versions and respond? Here is what things look like now with the latest release:

Note - the home screen does allow you to swipe twice to the left...but like a map screen has the larger left side and optional right side (can scroll up/down on right side) - that's it. We cannot have say the map, weather and radio all displaying at same time.

View attachment 1102

View attachment 1103

View attachment 1104

View attachment 1105

The Mrs is out now with the car, but i'll try and take pic when shes back.

Note...I am in Canada. Not sure if that matters or not.

·
205 Posts
The Mrs is out now with the car, but i'll try and take pic when shes back.

Note...I am in Canada. Not sure if that matters or not.
It sounds like the only thing that can be different, but Peter Lowe in Brantford Kia in Canada (a video of his is earlier in this thread) has worked with us on this and has lamented losing the 3 screens and the purple stuff... So that's wild. Canada gets lots of nice stuff we do not get here....like cooled seats, maybe heated rear seats, HUD etc... We are the poor step children.

·
10 Posts
It sounds like the only thing that can be different, but Peter Lowe in Brantford Kia in Canada (a video of his is earlier in this thread) has worked with us on this and has lamented losing the 3 screens and the purple stuff... So that's wild. Canada gets lots of nice stuff we do not get here....like cooled seats, maybe heated rear seats, HUD etc... We are the poor step children.

Ya i dunno. Maybe the 3 screens i see, arent what you are used to/expecting. Either way, i can do some 3 screens, and its also easy to find the weather by scrolling up/down in the right panel. Again, i never had the old s/w just bought car with the "new" purple s/w. So it all works well for me, as i dont know any different.

And yes...i have the HUD, cool/warm seats in front and back.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts