Kia Seltos Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

When i bought my Seltos, it was only about 1 week in when I realized that the tires were @ 51 on each of the 4 tires. The dealer must have filled them to the max for some reason.

The side panel says to have 35 Front and 33 back.

After adjusting the air according to the specs and checking with my air tire tool as well as the air tire pressure at the gas stationair pump, the TMPS shows @ 32 all around.

The reading is inconsistent and wondering if anyone has come across this as well.

I don’t believe there’s a reset button but is rather just automatic.

·
36 Posts
I find the PSI on my tires change regularly depending on temperature, road and speed. When on highway they seem to stabilize the whole trip but in and around town sometimes change 1-2 numbers. Winter is a whole other store with fluctuations. Generally driving same speed for five minutes will “reset” for example if have a low pressure warning - even if the psi returns to normal, gotta drive it a bit for the notification to go away.

·
92 Posts
Hi all,

When i bought my Seltos, it was only about 1 week in when I realized that the tires were @ 51 on each of the 4 tires. The dealer must have filled them to the max for some reason.

After adjusting the air according to the specs and checking with my air tire tool as well as the air tire pressure at the gas stationair pump, the TMPS shows @ 32 all around.

The reading is inconsistent and wondering if anyone has come across this as well.

As above. Temperature and depending on whether there is a high or low weather pressure system affects it. I have seen an air pressure from the weather drop my psi by 2 points. Altitude changes can affect it too, driving over mountains etc. Mine were inflated to 45 psi when I got it. Our roads are rubbish here in central vic Australia and the recomended 35 hits too hard on the choppy surfaces. I found 33 front and 32 rear gives me a more comfortable ride. The tyres dont sit sqaut or anything. I personally dont worry too much about what they read as long as they are near enough. One of mine consistently when I drive, and they warm up, sits 1 psi lower than the other. Good to know if you have a slow leak but not an essential in my opinion. Got on well without them for that past 41 yrs driving before I got this.

·
15 Posts
Hi all,

Not the dealer, they come from the factory like that. Something to do with the shipping. (This has been true of the last few cars that I have purchased.) I just let some air out. Why the dealers do not do routinely check tire pressure as part of their prep is beyond me. But, at least I know to check and let the air out. My car is always outside (no garage), so I leave it about 2 pounds over the door sticker recommended pressure, to allow for cold mornings. Just something I have always done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts