Kia Seltos Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
14 Posts
After 36 days, the new transmission arrived. The dealership is saying they are "hoping" to be done by mid march. I was okay with the fact that I had to wait more than a month for the part to arrive but the fact that they have my car and the part and are just staring at it and not making any effort to get me back in my own car is extremely frustrating.
My transmission arrived in the US around 1/26 and then had to be shipped to the dealer. It arrived at the dealer a week later, and they replaced it immediately. If your dealer has the transmission, it seems like they would go ahead and fix your car. Have you spoken to Kia Consumer Affairs? They monitored my case.

·
2021 KIA Seltos SX Turbo
86 Posts
After 36 days, the new transmission arrived. The dealership is saying they are "hoping" to be done by mid march. I was okay with the fact that I had to wait more than a month for the part to arrive but the fact that they have my car and the part and are just staring at it and not making any effort to get me back in my own car is extremely frustrating.
If I were you I would contact KIA Consumer Affairs and place a formal complaint against your dealer. I would also speak to the owner of the dealership as to why it would take so long to fix since they already of the transmission. It sounds as if your dealership doesn't have the right person to perform the service. I would ask KIA to request the transmission to be moved to another local KIA dealership.

·
14 Posts
My Seltos was finally returned to me yesterday, 61 days after the transmission failed. The transmission was replaced and the software updated. It’s only been a day, but it is driving as normal again. Hopefully, it remains that way! For anyone following the issue, my Seltos EX was manufactured in 2/20. It had 5,800 miles on it when the transmission failed without warning.

·
4 Posts
If I were you I would contact KIA Consumer Affairs and place a formal complaint against your dealer. I would also speak to the owner of the dealership as to why it would take so long to fix since they already of the transmission. It sounds as if your dealership doesn't have the right person to perform the service. I would ask KIA to request the transmission to be moved to another local KIA dealership.
Thank you for the tip! I got them to get it back to me this week. After that, I had it for 3 days and it stopped shifting into drive or park. The battery died in a snow storm and the road conditions prevented it from being towed. I'm out of a car and don't have my rental and am extremely frustrated. It was working great until this issue popped up and I'm really worried they messed something up and it'll take a long time to repair again.

BEWARE, this car is a trouble child. I'm extremely frustrated.

·
2 Posts
I've just been told my 2021 Kia Seltos ex Premium needs a new transmission. 2950 kms on the car.
Any others out there and if so, was the problem solved after the first replacement?
Same with us. Had our car for 6 months, going to work one morning over a month ago, started jerking then engine revved, then lost power. Had to have it towed to dealer. Kia is telling us it is transmission, and they have had it going on five weeks, still waiting for a transmission!

·
1 Posts
I just picked up my seltos EX in Ontario. Is this an issues across all models or just the EX premium? I've got less than 200Kms on it right now with no issues. But it's not very comforting knowing that I could have a transmission issue while driving around.
I have the same problem at 3300 miles with my 2021 seltos s. This is ridiculous that a 6 month old car is having this problem, and Kia has no answer other that you’re gonna have to wait 6-8 weeks!! I did not buy a Forte, I bought a Seltos!! I am 70 years old and am not going to drive around in a car with my butt 12” off of the ground , I outgrew that 40 years ago!! I will stop making payments on my loan with Kia until this issue gets fixed. I was so impressed with my 2010 Soul that I bought this lemon! Should have bought another Soul!

·
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
219 Posts
I was so impressed with my 2010 Soul that I bought this lemon! Should have bought another Soul!
the only problem is, that the Soul uses the same transmission. I've owned two Soul's myself (2012, 2016 - great vehicles) and I'm older than you and agree with your comments about low vehicles 😄
This transmission problem has been ongoing in the Soul forum, sad to say but one of the reasons why my vehicle is now not a Seltos.

·
2021 Kia Seltos Ex Premium
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
So happy to hear that and report that I too got my car back after having the transmission replaced and it's running beautifully. I think it will take some time for me to trust it through.

·
2 Posts
I'm in the US and have the EX model. When my transmission failed on December 4th, the dealership diagnosed it as a transmission problem and said it needed to be replaced. How long has your car been out of service? I was really happy with my Seltos, too, but have been upset to have this happen and to have been waiting so long for my vehicle to be repaired.

Last week, I received a letter in the mail from Kia about a voluntary service campaign to update the software programming on the Transmission Control Module and if necessary, replace the transmission. I assume Kia is aware there is a problem since they put out a service campaign. Hopefully, the software update and new transmission will fix the problem but I'm afraid it will happen again.
Got this same Kia "Voluntary Emissions Service Campaign" letter in the mail for my 2019 Forte LXS. Have read horror reviews here and at other forums about these new Kia and Hyundai "IVT" trannys. Right now, my Forte is running smooth - only 5100 miles on it - but feel like I'm driving something that sooner or later is going to fail... Sheesh.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts