Kia Seltos Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
2021 Kia Seltos SX Turbo Lunar Orange
36 Posts
Not to beat a dead horse but this bugs me as well. Every time I come to a stop in my garage the engine turns off. When I put it in park it starts again which for me is extra wear and tear. It may not be an issue but it bothers me nonetheless. I even try to quickly put it in park before it turns off but that doesn’t work and could potentially cause more harm. But this is my first car with ISG and I, too, come from a long history with VW/Audi. I did test drive a Tiguan but don’t remember how it behaved.
Can anyone offer input as to whether this is common on cars with ISG? If so, and it is a necessary part of the shutdown process, then I would find it easier to accept and simply consider it in the process of choosing our next vehicle.
Like the OP I don’t expect advise from the community on this. In fact I’m starting to get in the habit of disabling ISG before I reach the garage. I’m curious more than anything about whether this is expected behaviour.

·
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Not to beat a dead horse but this bugs me as well. Every time I come to a stop in my garage the engine turns off. When I put it in park it starts again which for me is extra wear and tear. It may not be an issue but it bothers me nonetheless. I even try to quickly put it in park before it turns off but that doesn’t work and could potentially cause more harm. But this is my first car with ISG and I, too, come from a long history with VW/Audi. I did test drive a Tiguan but don’t remember how it behaved.
Can anyone offer input as to whether this is common on cars with ISG? If so, and it is a necessary part of the shutdown process, then I would find it easier to accept and simply consider it in the process of choosing our next vehicle.
Like the OP I don’t expect advise from the community on this. In fact I’m starting to get in the habit of disabling ISG before I reach the garage. I’m curious more than anything about whether this is expected behaviour.
Thank you for your reply. I think you're one of the few that understood my post, and had the same experience. My previous car (Stinger GT2) had the ISG, but also the electronic shift (drive by wire I believe is called). So it always automatically shifted to P once I pressed the engine on/off botton. But I remember reading of another Stinger owner with a mechanical shift (lower trim) that had this problem happening with his car, and he had his battery completely drained overnight as the car never really turned off. Some suggested to turn off the ISG. That is a good workaround. But if you really like to use the ISG, the only thing is to get used and remember the "shutdown sequence". I do forget sometime, and is not a big deal, but as you pointed out this is extra wear and tear.
Thank you for your comment.

·
75 Posts
That's how it apparently is programmed from the factory considering everybody's car does the same thing. So yes, this is expected behavior.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts