Kia Seltos Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently drove through several mud puddles with really dirty water. I didn’t wash the car for a few days and when I did the black trim was stained. Tried several methods to clean the trim but nothing worked. I discussed this with the dealer while getting my oil changed and the service manager told me the stained trim wasn’t covered under warranty because I drove through a mud puddle!! This dealer, located on the gulf coast of Florida, is terrible.

Seltos GT-line, (=SX), 2020 model, Mars Orange, 1.6L turbo, AWD
224 Posts
Presumably the puddle contained more than just water and mud. Mud washes off the trim easily. It sounds like there must have been some kind of petrochemical compound spillage in that puddle as well, which over several days managed to stain the trim. I suspect a good car accessories supplier would have something that would remove it. I can kind of understand the dealer not accepting any liability, but he/she could have been a bit more helpful, such as by suggesting what I just did - or did they..? Actually, I suspect this issue is another plus for having the Autogard type of protection added at purchase. Something I did accept this time, but like most, had previously passed on, thinking it was a bit of a money-making con. I've changed my mind on that.

3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I understand what you are saying. Doubtful there was any chemical in a dirt trail in the woods. While I was at the dealership I overheard another service manager discussing another customer with stained trim. Thanks for your input.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts