Kia Seltos Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did software update on 2021 Seltos. Put in an address no problem. Set as destination though does not work and told to call Kia. Called and told me I need to pay and subscribe to Kia connect.

This is ridiculous. I now have no GPS on the car unless I pay???

·
67 Posts
Called and told me I need to pay and subscribe to Kia connect.
Subscribe for Support? Or subscribe for navigation? Curious who told you to subscribe? Kia Helpline?

Not to lessen your grievance, cause its legit. But is there a reason you're not using your Carplay/Android Auto for navigation? Though I haven't actually used the Kia nav yet, I've always felt the phones did a better job of navigation than most of the OEMs. Google Maps, Waze. Both pretty fleshed out.

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Subscribe for Support? Or subscribe for navigation? Curious who told you to subscribe? Kia Helpline?

Not to lessen your grievance, cause its legit. But is there a reason you're not using your Carplay/Android Auto for navigation? Though I haven't actually used the Kia nav yet, I've always felt the phones did a better job of navigation than most of the OEMs. Google Maps, Waze. Both pretty fleshed out.

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank for the response. Called number stated on screen, which was for Kia Connect. Told that to get navigation needed ultimate pkg for $200 per year.

Yes, i will end up using android phone. Not much of a cell phone user but no choice.

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When using android car I am unable to use Google maps and Sirius at the same time.… if I put radio on, the map disappears. Does not matter wheather Bluetooth or USB plugged in. Any advice?

·
2022 SX Turbo - Gravity Grey / Burgundy Interior
132 Posts
When using android car I am unable to use Google maps and Sirius at the same time.… if I put radio on, the map disappears. Does not matter wheather Bluetooth or USB plugged in. Any advice?
Tune to the radio station you want on Sirius then switch back to Google maps...the radio will still play.

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sorry does not work. When I go to radio the radio screen pops up with the Kia map. if I then hit media to go back to Google Maps the map is on the screen and the music stops

·
2022 SX Turbo - Gravity Grey / Burgundy Interior
132 Posts
weird, pretty sure mine works with Carplay...
Update: confirmed...no issue on mine, I can go into Sirius, select a station, switch back to home page then Apple CarPlay and radio still plays as per normal. Unless I select my Apple Music app, Sirius will continue to play with Apple maps or Google Maps.

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you for your responses. Motivated me to keep trying and was able to get google maps and sirius together!!!

The key is not to use the media button on the console. Rather put sirius on thru the radio button, hit the star button on console. There will be a home symbol on top and hit that, then a menu appears including Android Auto. Hit Android Auto and google maps appears with sirius. Do need to use mode button to change stations but obviously no big deal...thanks again

·
91 Posts
Did software update on 2021 Seltos. Put in an address no problem. Set as destination though does not work and told to call Kia. Called and told me I need to pay and subscribe to Kia connect.

I guess I'm confused. I have nav in my Seltos. Just did another update a month ago. Everything works fine and I do not have a subscription. My nieghboor's Seltos, same thing and he also doesn't have any subscriptions.

·
2021 KIA Seltos SX Turbo
165 Posts

My opinion, using the cell phone while driving is I can't see the small screen. I never had a problem with the KIA nav.

·
2021 KIA Seltos SX Turbo
165 Posts

Which update are you referring to? I recently updated my system, in June, and my NAV works fine, unless they did another update in the last few weeks. I'll have to check it out.

·
67 Posts
My opinion, using the cell phone while driving is I can't see the small screen. I never had a problem with the KIA nav.
Sorry Numb, let me clarify. Connecting your phone via CarPlay or Android Auto, places the phone's nav on the main screen, not your phone so you have the same 10.25" or 8" experience, it's just using Waze or Apple Maps or Google maps powered by your cellphone. You still interact with it via the car's touchscreen.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts