Kia Seltos Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Kia website is continuing to be updated today. It now shows the base starting price.

The Build button is now there but is not activated yet. I am sure it will be soon!

·
156 Posts
Great news.
However, its right around where most other SUV's like it are priced. Now Kia just has to get the Build and Price page going. Not happy that the 'Build' button leads to a dead page.

·
2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
196 Posts
this is from the US Kia media site, which has all the details on the Seltos except the pricing structure, which shows someone is not paying attention to what they are typing or editing.

• so that means the Seltos can turn in a tighter turning circle than I can with my e-bike o_O - amazing how a 14.4' vehicle can do a 5.3' turning circle :oops:
  • the disc brakes are nearly as large as the wheels themselves. :ROFLMAO: even the massive Telluride doesn't use disc brakes this large (13.4" front and 12" rear)

·
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
this is from the US Kia media site, which has all the details on the Seltos except the pricing structure, which shows someone is not paying attention to what they are typing or editing.

• so that means the Seltos can turn in a tighter turning circle than I can with my e-bike o_O - amazing how a 14.4' vehicle can do a 5.3' turning circle :oops:
  • the disc brakes are nearly as large as the wheels themselves. :ROFLMAO: even the massive Telluride doesn't use disc brakes this large (13.4" front and 12" rear)
View attachment 228
LOL,,,,yeah I had seen that before. Talk about turning on a dime! Maybe the large discs are their version of "run flat" tires ? That list has been out awhile and they still haven't corrected it.

·
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Since I have seen actual window stickers for the LX AWD, S FWD, S AWD, EX AWD.....and the SX 1.6L Turbo price popped up briefly on the Kia site, we know now the leaked list below was 100% accurate.
The only one I have not seen is the S 1.6L Turbo, but I would be surprised if they got just that one wrong.

So no suspense left there. :)

ModelPrice
LX AWD$21,990
S FWD$21,990
S AWD$23,490
EX AWD$25,290
S 1.6L Turbo$25,490
SX 1.6L Turbo$27,890

·
175 Posts

View attachment 228
Kia should be really pushing that turning circle in all their ads and marketing lol.

·
2 Posts
Yep, it's gone.
Not only is the 'Build' button gone but around mid January all of the dual tone color options disappeared as well. I had been watching the site and had clicked the different dual tone colors to see which I liked best and had decided on the white with black roof. I'm going to be highly disappointed if they have pulled the dual tone colors from the US color options. Hopefully, they are just working on getting the site ready for the 'Build and Price' section to get up and going by February 1st.

·
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not only is the 'Build' button gone but around mid January all of the dual tone color options disappeared as well. I had been watching the site and had clicked the different dual tone colors to see which I liked best and had decided on the white with black roof. I'm going to be highly disappointed if they have pulled the dual tone colors from the US color options. Hopefully, they are just working on getting the site ready for the 'Build and Price' section to get up and going by February 1st.
I don't think they took away the dual tones. Only the base price is listed for now, so only the base colors are shown at this time. When the Buy button is activated , you will see the dual tones again for the higher levels.

·
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the info bicepeak - that makes me feel better as I am most definitely interested in the Seltos.
I heard from one dealer and he said the reveal will be January 26th. I don't know how accurate that is, but since so many dealers across the country have already received one or two cars, it is possible.

·
196 Posts
LOL,,,,yeah I had seen that before. Talk about turning on a dime! Maybe the large discs are their version of "run flat" tires ? That list has been out awhile and they still haven't corrected it.
if I lived in the US I would be giving them a call (Kia media has a toll free number) to point out the error.

·
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I figured out the errors in the specifications list. The "5.3 ft." is actually meters, so really a 17.4 ft. turning circle. (Very good!).

·
196 Posts
I figured out the errors in the specifications list. The "5.3 ft." is actually meters, so really a 17.4 ft. turning circle. (Very good!).

The disc brake size listed as "16 in." is actually centimeters. So 6.3 inches.
I think you a bit off the mark with that, you need to double that figure of 17.4 would give you a 34.8" turning circle which would make much more sense.(that would make it the same turning circle as the Soul).

Also 6.3" for brakes is something you might put on a lawn tractor ? , again the Soul has 11" at front and 10.3" at the rear, so realistically it would be the same or perhaps just slightly larger (they use 12" and 11.2" in the Soul turbo version)

·
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
This is all very strange. The link below refers to the RAV4 at being 17.4 turning radius. That is why I thought the conversion made sense for the Seltos.
Other sites say double that.

Did a google search on the 2020 Kia Soul and also came up with 17.4'......other places say 34'. I wonder if it is something like what it takes to do a full circle (34') versus what it takes to do a U-turn on the street which would be half that.

(What you said about the discs sounds right)

This dealer also refers to the 17.4 turning radius....

• Engine displacement: 2.0 L
  • Engine horsepower: 146hp @ 6,200RPM
  • Engine torque: 132 lb.-ft. @ 4,500RPM
  • Exterior body width: 1,801mm (70.9")
  • Exterior height: 1,600mm (63.0")
  • Exterior length: 4,369mm (172.0")
  • Front headroom: 978mm (38.5")
  • Front hiproom: 1,359mm (53.5")
  • Front legroom: 1,052mm (41.4")
  • Front shoulder room: 1,410mm (55.5")
  • Interior cargo volume: 753 L (27 cu.ft.)
  • Interior maximum cargo volume: 1,778 L (63 cu.ft.)
  • Rear headroom: 975mm (38.4")
  • Rear hiproom: 1,341mm (52.8")
  • Rear legroom: 965mm (38.0")
  • Rear shoulder room: 1,389mm (54.7")
  • Turning radius: 5.3m (17.4')
  • Wheelbase: 2,629mm (103.5")

·
196 Posts
your right about the radius figure (but you said turning circle in post #16), but then you double it for a turning circle (two different meanings), which is the more common reference that most manufacturers use at least in Canada and the US.

·
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
your right about the radius figure (but you said turning circle in post #16), but then you double it for a turning circle (two different meanings), which is the more common reference that most manufacturers use at least in Canada and the US.
And yet when you google turning radius and turning circle, you come up with the same number, 17.4 for the Soul, for example. That adds to the confusion and common interchanging of those terms.

Anyway, the US list wasn't that far off. It just took the "m" off and slapped the "ft" on without actually doing the conversion. And yes, they probably should have said "turning radius" instead of "turning circle, curb to curb" in the heading if they want to use that number.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts