Kia Seltos Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
2021 Kia Seltos SX Turbo Lunar Orange
24 Posts
Agree about the home link. Pretty minor but it’s one of those things you miss once you’ve had it. Looks like it can be added but at a pretty hefty price IMO.
Rear hatch doesn’t bother me. It seems quicker to open and close manually compared to the powered ones I’ve tried but I’ve never actually owned a vehicle that had one.
I struggle to find any real dislikes other than maybe prefering a manual park brake and no adaptive headlights.

·
15 Posts
T
Agree about the home link. Pretty minor but it’s one of those things you miss once you’ve had it. Looks like it can be added but at a pretty hefty price IMO.
Rear hatch doesn’t bother me. It seems quicker to open and close manually compared to the powered ones I’ve tried but I’ve never actually owned a vehicle that had one.
I struggle to find any real dislikes other than maybe prefering a manual park brake and no adaptive headlights.
you are correct both are minor, but home link is just one of those things that you really miss. I bet it becomes a standard feature next year

·
25 Posts
and manual folding mirros
Don't likes:
I'm disappointed in the manual-folding mirrors as well. That, and no beep warning when you are backing up. My trade in 2016 Optima SXL had both of those featured. It was nice to be able to look back visually at your vehicle and know your doors were locked when you set the folding mirrors to fold when locking the doors. Although I like the better rearview camera on my Seltos, I really can't figure out why they chose to do without the beep warning as you were approaching another vehicle or object when backing up. I mean it has rear cross path detection ...how hard ...or how much more would it have added to the cost to add the beep warning system? MY Optima's went from slow beep to rapid beep to a solid beep when you were exactly a foot away from an object.

I DO like:
The much brighter ...and I think slightly larger blind-spot warning lights on the side mirrors. I also like the Dynamax™ Fully Active AWD & the Torque Vectoring Cornering Control which together give a very pleasurable driving and cornering experience, IMO. The handling on the Seltos is much better than on the Rogue and even the Sportage, IMO. Cornering seems to glide without oversteer or the sloppy feeling of the prior mentioned vehicles ...again IMO. In general, the Seltos handles much more like a car than many of the SUVs I have driven.
One more thing I like on my Seltos a lot is the 'Lane Keeping Assist' and 'Lane Following Assist'. You can actually feel the Seltos automatically steering itself to keep you centered in your lane when the road ahead curves ..and/or car ahead of you follows the road curving ahead ...without your moving the steering wheel at all yourself. I know it warns you not to do this ...and you will get a visual warning on your instrument cluster after a short while of doing so ...but I even tried taking my hands OFF the steering wheel completely (just a few inches away for safety) ..and letting the car steer itself on a bending/winding road for a minute or so and it really blew my mind how well the Seltos keeps you on the road, centered in the lane. I remember (back in the mid-60s) the auto manufacturers talking about cars that you could get into and lean back and relax as the vehicle 'drove' you to your destination without any help from you. I guess this technology is the early evolution of that becoming a reality!
I greatly appreciate the fuel efficiency on the Seltos ...which was a deterrent from my considering an SUV in the past. And the SX manages to give great fuel efficiency and still have plenty of turbo pep while doing so.
Last but not least ...although the physical size of the Seltos is smaller than the Sportage ...I was surprised to learn that the inside cargo volume with the rear seats down is actually larger than in the Sportage

·
3 Posts
In fact, I like the body of this kind of car because it is very compact and cool. As for the disadvantages of this car, I don't like the trunk since I want to carry thing when I am driving. And there are many kind of cars in the website otohome.com, and welcome you to have a look.

·
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
201 Posts
I test drove a base Seltos LX FWD a few days ago, (also my first time viewing this vehicle and driving it), I was so disappointed in the hard plastics everywhere on the doors and dash, the only soft area (and it wasn't really all that soft) was the top of the armrest. On this model even the armrest on the door was hard plastic.

I was hoping to check out and drive an EX model, but my local dealer had none in stock. From looking at photos it looks like the door armrest in this model is soft, but the rest doesn't appear to be any different.

·
24 Posts
That was a huge concern of mine at first as well. The SX has hard plastics on all non touch surfaces. Door and center armrest as well as front of dash are soft. I actually eliminated it at first for that reason especially coming from an Audi but I eventually realized that all the attributes of the car compared with others I was considering far outweighed the hard plastic.
Ended up buying it and just over 2 months in I’m very glad I did. I realize now that it wasn’t that important to have soft material everywhere.

·
1 Posts
I test drove a base Seltos LX FWD a few days ago, (also my first time viewing this vehicle and driving it), I was so disappointed in the hard plastics everywhere on the doors and dash, the only soft area (and it wasn't really all that soft) was the top of the armrest. On this model even the armrest on the door was hard plastic.

I was hoping to check out and drive an EX model, but my local dealer had none in stock. From looking at photos it looks like the door armrest in this model is soft, but the rest doesn't appear to be any different.
I am having a hell of a time finding an EX model here in New England in Gravity Gray with Black seats. The three dealers I have talked to do not have them in stock and have been talking about special ordering them.

How does everyone feel about the upgraded engine? Sorry just starting to research this car...

·
2 Posts
I am user of Seltos in India,
Happy with everything except....

1. Jerky feeling on Bumpy ride to back seaters
2. Very Poor Handsfree (Bluetooth or Apple CarPlay) then peers

Happy Riding

·
24 Posts
Jerky feeling may be due to rear suspension. My SX (Canada) suspension is independent. Other trims may not be.
As far as hands free no issue at all with Bluetooth. CarPlay is by cable connection only on mine.

·
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
201 Posts
Jerky feeling may be due to rear suspension. My SX (Canada) suspension is independent. Other trims may not be.
in Canada all models with AWD have multi-link suspension, only the LX FWD has a coupled torsion beam axle.

·
8 Posts
Just remembered my one big dislike. The auto stop/start!
You can turn this feature off if it bothers you.

Coming from a Cadillac XT5 I feel the Seltos’ auto stop is 10000 times smoother than Cadillac’s. In the XT5 you couldn’t turn the feature off and the car would physically jerk and stutter every on and off at every stop light. The Seltos is so much nicer. I thought I would turn the auto stop/start off immediately after purchasing but I hardly notice it and forgot all about it.

·
2021 Seltos SX Turbo
1 Posts
Can you add homelink if you have the EVO feature in the mirror area? I had one service advisor say NO. Seems odd with so many features, that you have to put a garage door remote on your visor.......homelink mirror is available, but will it work with EVO?

·
2021 Kia Seltos Mars Orange
7 Posts
Just remembered my one big dislike. The auto stop/start!
This drives me NUTS! I wouldn't mind it if it would stay off once you turn it off. But once you turn the car off, it defaults. I can see the benefits, but I hate that there isn't an option!

·
24 Posts
Yeah, every car that has this works the same. I hated it at the beginning but I got used to it and it’s not that bad. Would still rather not have it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts