Kia Seltos Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
2021 Kia Seltos Mars Orange
7 Posts
I am just always afraid I am going to mess up the engine. I have a tendency to "gun it". Maybe I just need to work on my tendencies haha. But seriously, is the constant on and off ok?

·
23 Posts
I am just always afraid I am going to mess up the engine. I have a tendency to "gun it". Maybe I just need to work on my tendencies haha. But seriously, is the constant on and off ok?
Start/stop is well engineered. Manufacturers thought of the wear on the starter far before the feature was implemented - these starters are pretty bombproof.

Gunning it is also fine - that’s why we get a DCT! Flying through gears is what it loves to do. It takes a little getting used to in heavy traffic (don’t half-brake, just either full stop or let off the brakes to creep) otherwise you may experience some heating.

The car is built to be driven, they designed it to be sporty but also handle the different situations drivers will be in for all their markets. I have a heavy foot and am having a blast with the thing.

·
2021 Kia Seltos Mars Orange
7 Posts
Start/stop is well engineered. Manufacturers thought of the wear on the starter far before the feature was implemented - these starters are pretty bombproof.

Gunning it is also fine - that’s why we get a DCT! Flying through gears is what it loves to do. It takes a little getting used to in heavy traffic (don’t half-brake, just either full stop or let off the brakes to creep) otherwise you may experience some heating.

The car is built to be driven, they designed it to be sporty but also handle the different situations drivers will be in for all their markets. I have a heavy foot and am having a blast with the thing.
Thanks for the reassurance.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts