Kia Seltos Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys. Wondering what others are seeing?
I have a 2 litre with IVT trans. Now approaching 3000km and after a full fill, drive then refill am seeing this and am pretty happy to be honest.
30% of my driving is town suburban, the rest 60% highway, 10% bush tracks. 30 around town, 60 going to my fishing/detecting spots, 10 on the tracks.
Out of 37 ltres I get 580 km drive.
Now, I also have a good sat nav, not Kia and Dashcam. Both run on satellites as anyone knows. 105 kph in my Seltos is by Satellite 100kph. By both. Have run at and past 2 speed camera cars hidden, I saw them and the cameras in their windows at 105 on the Seltos speedo, 100 on the Sattelites, and didn't get fined. We have very crazy strict speed camera limits so I know my Sat speeds are good. So taking away 5% of my Kia Ks from 580 and calculating my actual refill im getting around 7.2 litres per 100 ks. Ill admit that when I can and not break the speed limit, say im doing 60kph and the zone is 100 but for whatever reason im slowed down, when i can I cane it to get to 100. Also whenever overtaking, hit Sport from Eco or Normal and floor it. After that back off. Just to give an idea of how its driven. Around town I drive in Normal and only hit Eco when on the Highway.
I reckon 7.2 at present is pretty good and think if I didn't cane it when I can id be getting under 7 easy. But hey, hearing that Atkinson roar and the IVT doing its thing is too much fun to not do 😄 .....now n then...
Punchy little thing for sure.
Interested to hear others Kpl or Mpg.

·
8 Posts
I have the 1.6T with DCT - nearly 9000k
Driving 70% highway and 30% city with winter tires. I’m Avg 7.4 litres per 100km. Completely impressed given the AWD is always on and being used in the city driving.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts