Kia Seltos Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Administrator
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

First cars are special and memorable. They teach us life lessons, and for many of us, they've seen us through many important events in our lives. They leave a mark, for good or bad, and sometimes we love and hate our first cars just like a family member.

What's your first car story?

2023 KIA Seltos SX
208 Posts
Fall 1992, bought my first 1993 Suzuki Swift 1.3l, 4 cylinders. $5995 new. Like fearturtle, no AC, no power anything, don't think it even had power steering if I recall. Loved it though, would buy one back if I found one in good shape. My wife called it 'our love car'.

· Super Moderator
2022 SX Turbo - Gravity Grey / Burgundy Interior
425 Posts
Bought an old ‘69 Ford Galaxie, 2 door fastback for $500 (back in 1981), drove it all through high school. I bought because it had a massive back seat…you can deduce what you want for the rest of that story…lol.
Was a great car until some old guy ran a yield sign in front of me and I t-boned him and wrote it off…

looked pretty much exactly like this…same colour and all.

Seltos GT-line, (=SX), 2020 model, Mars Orange, 1.6L turbo, AWD
224 Posts
Mine was a 105E Ford Anglia. Bet you didn't see many, it any of those in the US or Canada..? Originally it had a 997cc 4cyl motor which was pretty unpowerful. Ultimately, while still a rather poor medical student, I had it overhauled with rings and bearing, and thought, what the neck - those Ford 4s had so many parts they shared - like the Ford Cortina, eg, - so I had the 1200cc Cortina rods and shaft put in, plus a twin choke carby, and it transformed the performance, and yet also improved the economy at the same time, as it could handle more hills in 4th gear.

Sorry, wife got in the way there a bit...

54 Posts
I remember it well. It was a blue '65 Mustang (automatic with the 289 V8) that I bought in 1971. It was on a used car lot for $695. My father and I checked it out and talked the salesman (lot owner) down to $650. Wish I still had it, but I swapped it for the summer with my brother so he could have it on base and drive home his gear after he left the Marines. In exchange I got to ride his Honda 450 motorcycle for the summer. Unfortunately the Mustang's engine seized on him before he could even drive it back home. Bummer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts