Kia Seltos Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Administrator
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

For those that have to deal with Winter and prepare for the elements, what does your prep plan look like? Do you have a certain date that you swap out your tires? Do you just give up and store your car for the Winter (do you use a fuel stabilizer, empty out the E85)? Do you have an emergency kit that you have to get ready?

Let us know how you prepared for battle with Old Man Winter!

~MR

· Super Moderator
2022 SX Turbo - Gravity Grey / Burgundy Interior
425 Posts
  • Good all-weather tires (I don't have room to store separate sets of winter tires/wheels - as many already know I went with Bridgestone Weatherpeak tires this round)

• 20' tow strap

• jumper cables
  • bin with a toque / mitts / scarf
  • full tool kit (which I always carry anyways)
  • digital high pressure tire pump (which I also always carry anyways)

2023 KIA Seltos SX
208 Posts
Whoa! I need to step it up! I just have a nice scraper
I use my credit card. Thought everyone did this?

For me, proper Winter rubber. Nokian Hakkapellita R3 that came off my old car that just by fluke were a perfect match to the Seltos. I rarely highway drive so no shovels or blankets or toe ropes, but if I do plan a highway drive I may reconsider.

· Super Moderator
2022 SX Turbo - Gravity Grey / Burgundy Interior
425 Posts
I use my credit card. Thought everyone did this?

For me, proper Winter rubber. Nokian Hakkapellita R3 that came off my old car that just by fluke were a perfect match to the Seltos. I rarely highway drive so no shovels or blankets or toe ropes, but if I do plan a highway drive I may reconsider.
Best to use a burner card that you don’t really need rather than your credit card…lots of electronics in those new cards which can get damaged pretty easily with the flexing of scraping your windows.

Seltos GT-line, (=SX), 2020 model, Mars Orange, 1.6L turbo, AWD
224 Posts
Best to use a burner card that you don’t really need rather than your credit card…lots of electronics in those new cards which can get damaged pretty easily with the flexing of scraping your windows.
Back when I lived in a place that had frosts I used the back edge of my comb. It was always in my pocket, plastic, and cheap as if it broke, though never did.

23 Posts
Tow rope (Yankum). Tons better than straps.
Parka, Snowpants, boots, ice cleats as extra.
Snow tires (Viking Contact 7's).
2 tow hooks (bought an extra so I don't have to swap from front to rear).
Hand warmers, jumper cables, little shovel.
That's on top of my tools.

It's just me so I don't have to worry about stuffing kiddos in or anyone else. I have spare room so I use it for safety.

8 Posts
In terms of scraping windows. I have, guess what, a window scrape. It is usually designed specifically for scraping windows, so you will not damage fragile glass. Using a plastic card or something else is not recommended.
I print staff on my 3d printer that I got here. A free 3D printable model of such a creature was recently discovered, by me. If I discover it again, I'll post it here.

54 Posts
Ha! I just figured he meant he used a credit card to pay for any bad mojo that comes his way during the winter. But yeah, a credit card works pretty well as a scraper, too. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts