Kia Seltos Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My wife is looking at the Kia Seltos.
Anyone have any feedback as to why they picked which trim?
LX/S/EX have the 2.0 Liter. S/SX have the 1.6 Turbo.
Going over some reviews they indicate the DCT Transmission with the 1.6 isn't very smooth at low speeds. Anyone have either that can chime in? Any other considerations within the trim that are important outside of AWD
tplinklogin

·
196 Posts
I have the Ex in Canada.It is a step below the Premium.It is a 2l AWD.The premium offers Led headlights and fog lights, a bigger info screen with satellite radio,wireless cell phone charger and uvo intelligence.The main drawback for me was the price as it is 3k more than the EX.I added the led fogs and headlights,installed a satellite radio for approx.400.00.I am okay with not having the cell charger and the bigger info system.If you look at the different reviews the EX seems to hit the sweet spot with a lot of buyers.

·
155 Posts
Going over some reviews they indicate the DCT Transmission with the 1.6 isn't very smooth at low speeds. Anyone have either that can chime in? Any other considerations within the trim that are important outside of AWD
Purchased the SX Turbo AWD 03/2020. Since I had heated seats and a sunroof on my list of desired options, that was essentially the way I had to go. The Seltos was much lower in price than a comparably equipped Nissan. Plus the lines on the Seltos looked nicer than the Sportage.

Although the DCT seems a bit jumpy at low speeds, it seems to be less noticeable when I am firm with the gas pedal.

·
7 Posts
Go with SX Turbo 1.6 if she has heavy right foot..the 2.0 is a wet noodle compared

·
56 Posts
Have had no trans issues.just ask dealer to update software if VIN applies
I have the SX turbo and DCT is something you have to understand ho they work. They are a different animal. I'm use to mine and love it especially when you have to stomp on it to get around slow traffic. :)

·
1 Posts
I recommend the EX or above since all lower priced trims do not include the cross traffic alert or blind spot monitor.

·
155 Posts
I recommend the EX or above since all lower priced trims do not include the cross traffic alert or blind spot monitor.
I would tend to agree. Although I have always been a car guy at heart and feel there is sone responsibility on the driver to driver responsibly, I can say that the past year of ownership with the various safety features has been appreciated. Saved my butt a few times due to other drivers not being so responsible.

At the end of the day we all think we are the best driver so perhaps the safety features help us be the best.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts