Kia Seltos Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
110 Posts
The Seltos' enters a growing compact crossover market with plenty of contenders from different markets.

In North America it's most likely going to be going up against crossovers like the Hyundai Kona, Subaru Crosstrek, Mazda CX-3 and CX-5, Ford Escape and Ecosport, and Nissan Kicks, just to name a few. On the international market, in India the Seltos will go toe-to-toe with the likes of the Hyundai Venue and Creta, Renault Captur, Tata Harrier, and MG Hector.

What other vehicles do you think the Seltos will be competing against? Which one(s) do you think will give it the most competition.

·
81 Posts
In North America, I think the main direct competitors based on size (172" for the Seltos) and offering AWD option will be:
Mazda CX-30 - 173"
Honda HR-V - 171.6"
Nissan Qashqai - 172.4" (Rogue Sport in the US)
Chev Trailbrazer - 173.5"
Mitsubishi RVR - 171.8" (Outlander Sport in the US)
Jeep Compass - 173"

·
81 Posts
Those are strong competitors too, especially the CX-30, Mazda really nailed it on the design.
from what I've seen so far I am very impressed with that vehicle (but I did not like the CX-3), it will all depend on how the pricing and packaging comes together for the Seltos to see how it stands against this vehicle.

·
27 Posts
In North America, I think the main direct competitors based on size (172" for the Seltos) and offering AWD option will be:
Mazda CX-30 - 173"
Honda HR-V - 171.6"
Nissan Qashqai - 172.4" (Rogue Sport in the US)
Chevy Trailblazer - 173.5"
Mitsubishi RVR - 171.8" (Outlander Sport in the US)
Jeep Compass - 173"
Agree,,,,,,that is a very accurate list of the competitors. I saw the Trailblazer and the CX-30 at the LA show they are definitely the right size to compete in this segment

·
81 Posts
Agree,,,,,,that is a very accurate list of the competitors. I saw the Trailblazer and the CX-30 at the LA show they are definitely the right size to compete in this segment
what is your impressions of these two new models?

·
27 Posts
what is your impressions of these two new models?
The Trailblazer was locked up but it seemed to have a roomy backseat like the Seltos. I think the Seltos has a better integrated styling.

CX-30 was very elegant in styling. I could get inside of it and it was reasonably roomy with comfortable seats, but I think the Seltos will have a bigger back seat area. I measured the hatch opening and it was 41" wide and 29. 5" high. Pretty good, but the cargo cover side rails only had 34 1/2" between them so kind of took away some of the storage width.

There were no publicly accessible Seltos on the floor, but I had one of the reps get on the turntable and open the doors and the hatch. I gave her my tape measure and hatch width was a respectable 43"-44". My RAV4 has 45.5 wide opening so I think the Seltos is pretty remarkable for a smaller vehicle. Height the same as the CX-30 at 29 1/2". She also measured from the hatch to the dashboard because I like to occasionally do home projects and I like to be able to fit 8' items and the Seltos will work. I thought it was really nice of her to do that, so it doesn't hurt to ask. :)

Bottom line I was very impressed with the Seltos. Can't wait to see the lower level models locally.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts