Kia Seltos Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For me, this is a minor but annoying issue. Whenever I start my 2021 Seltos the audio of whatever I last played (radio, USB music, etc.) always comes on, whether or not I've "muted" it with the steering wheel button before I last turned it off. Can't find anything in the settings about it - anybody know if there's a way to change that?

(Thanks in advance for any help.)

·
8 Posts
The steering wheel mute button is temporary and does not save it’s state when you power cycle the vehicle.

So what you should do is press the button that says “Power Push Vol” aka the volume knob and you should see on the screen “Radio/Media Off.”

Then turn off your car as normal. When you come back to your car and turn it on the radio or sound source will be off and you’ll need to push the knob to turn it back on again.

image.jpg

·
2021 KIA Seltos SX Turbo
64 Posts
I just wished the audio would shut-off when the ignition button is pushed, unless I'm missing a setting somewhere.

·
8 Posts
I’m confused. You want the car to turn off the sound when you turn on the vehicle?????

instead of using the mute button, just use the power/volume button. It does exactly what you want the mute button to do.

·
2021 KIA Seltos SX Turbo
64 Posts
No, I want everything to shut down, including the audio when I Turn Off the vehicle. Audio plays even though I push the Ignition button Off.

·
8 Posts
If you push the volume power button before turning the car off it will stay off when you turn off the vehicle. It will then stay off when you turn on the vehicle. It will stay off until you push the button to turn it back on.

·
2021 KIA Seltos SX Turbo
64 Posts
Obviously. No other car I've owned previously had anything on when the car is turned off, besides interior lights and head lights.

·
2021 Kia Seltos SX Turbo Lunar Orange
22 Posts
The audio stays on until you open the door. It’s that way on every car we’ve owned in at least the last 10 years or so.

·
8 Posts
The audio stays on until you open the door. It’s that way on every car we’ve owned in at least the last 10 years or so.
Exactly this. I've owned, leased, or rented over 30 cars in the last 10 years and maybe one of those cars shut off the audio when the ignition was turned off, which I thought was weird. All cars keep the sound on until you open the driver door. It's kinda nice because you can finish the song you're listening to or listen to the sports talk radio guys argue their points lol.

·
233 Posts
Exactly this. I've owned, leased, or rented over 30 cars in the last 10 years and maybe one of those cars shut off the audio when the ignition was turned off, which I thought was weird. All cars keep the sound on until you open the driver door. It's kinda nice because you can finish the song you're listening to or listen to the sports talk radio guys argue their points lol.
Not on any Toyota I have ever owed. I think that was true on a Volkswagen Rabbit I had in the '70s.

·
2021 KIA Seltos SX Turbo
64 Posts
Well my last cars, 2015 Nissan Murano, 2013 Mazda CX-5, 2009 BMW 328,. when I push the off button, everything shuts off. I don't believe I've ever experience the radio still playing when the car shuts down. In my opinion it's really annoying.

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the (duh) note about the volume power button, but I agree with those who said the audio usually shuts off with the ignition off. All my cars over the last twenty years or so (Honda, BMW, Mercedes, Lexus, Honda again, Alfa Romeo) all turned the volume off with the ignition. The Alfa had a convenient setting to optionally turn the audio on with startup.

·
51 Posts
It is what it is. It is one of those thing you should evaluate before purchase. One of my other cars keeps the audio going until the door is opened. The other shuts of radio the moment the ignition is off. The Seltos performs like the first, not the second. The 1st car and Seltos perform the way I prefer, the other doesn't. Sorry it doesn't do what you want. It is very doubtful you can do anything about it. Contact your dealer and ask them. They are the ones who can answer your questions, not a forum. Maybe the factory program and scan tool will do what you want.

It doesn't matter what all your previous and current cars do/have done. It won't change how this one behaves.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts