Kia Seltos Forum banner

Window tint 2021 seltos questions

14K views 26 replies 12 participants last post by  Action123 
I finally made the appointment to get my front widows tinted with 35% (lowest legal in my state) and also have a sun strip placed on the windshield. I am so excited! Quoted me only $160!

I don’t know why I waited so long..

Let’s see some pictures. Did you go with ceramic or standard tint?
I was just saying that I made the appointment which will be happening Friday. I called two places, and nobody asked me if I wanted ceramic or standard. I don’t really know the difference but maybe I should do some research before I go in so that I get what I want.

I will definitely take pictures after!

My car is a lease as well...just 3 years left (I did 4). However, I may have to end up buying it the way the car market is these days, and there are definitely no guarantees it will get better.

I suppose I will message the people doing it before Friday and ask what they use or quoted me for. They did say it has a lifetime guarantee. I would definitely like some help with my A/C!

Well no pics yet. The dude canceled my appointment last Friday. However, I am going in this Friday (tomorrow). I told him I wanted the ceramic, which will now cost me $220 or so up from $160 🤷‍♂️

Will definitely show pics…

So here they are. From my receipt it looks like he applied 40% to the front windows which apparently tested out at 35%. Apparently there is some tint already on those windows. If someone really wants to match the back, just tell them to match the back rather than I want the front windows at 35% like I did. Granted, that is the leagal limit in my state, so I suppose that’s a good thing. They look nice in these pics, but in diff lighting, the front is definitely lighter than the back seat windows. Oh well..

Apparently he used 5% on my sun visor when I actually thought I was getting 35% there too. Haha! Communication really wasn’t his strong suit, yet I thought we were on the same page all along 🤷‍♂️

The sun strip really makes a huge difference. It changes the entire dynamic of the driving experience for the better. Or so I think so far :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.