Kia Seltos Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone, I am just about to head to the dealership to pull the trigger on a brand new Seltos SX Turbo (white).

I am curious if anyone has driven in snow yet on the stock tires and what their impression was.

Thanks!!!

·
2 Posts
Hi Matt, congrats on your future SX! I got my black SX a few days ago.

I personally wouldn't recommend going through winter with the stock Kumho Solus T91 tires, specially if you have considerable snow and ice like in Québec/Ontario.

I switched the 235/45R18 for winter 225/55R17 winter tires today. It's definitely noisier, although no snow here yet.

Here's a few vids review in the stock tire if ever..

- I believe it's in Korean, but fast forward to 2:30, there's a few interesting test results.

- À quick TireRack summary.

Cheers!

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Matt, congrats on your future SX! I got my black SX a few days ago.

I personally wouldn't recommend going through winter with the stock Kumho Solus T91 tires, specially if you have considerable snow and ice like in Québec/Ontario.

I switched the 235/45R18 for winter 225/55R17 winter tires today. It's definitely noisier, although no snow here yet.

Here's a few vids review in the stock tire if ever..

- I believe it's in Korean, but fast forward to 2:30, there's a few interesting test results.

- À quick TireRack summary.

Cheers!
Thanks for the reply! Delivery is set for Friday, im excited! I decided to go with Blizzak's on the stock 18" rims. I'll just swap the rubber on the stock rim seasonally.

·
12 Posts
Next Monday, Nov 16th, I am putting a set of Pirelli WIN IceZero FR on my SX Turbo on the stock 18" rims. I am in Vancouver BC and snow ski so I need good snow tires.

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
UPDATE
I took delivery of my Seltos Turbo yesterday and boy am I glad I went with the Blizzak WS90's! It had snowed over the last couple days making the residential roads hard packed and icy. These tires are amazing and meaty!

Also, the 4WD Lock function is really impressive and makes the vehicle stick to the road like glue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts