Kia Seltos Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had started my road trip from Ajmer to Ajmer via, Ujjain, Indore, Omkareshwar, Ajanta, Elora, Shirdi, Pune, Statue of Unity, Dwarika & back.
Regret to write that Seltos's inbuilt maps are big bulshit. They directed us to wrong roads, Hotels & guest hoses not shown. Few times it took us to dead end.
The difference between Seltos Map and Google map for the same destination was more then 50 to 80 Km at times.
Thanks to Google maps which helped us complete the trip.
Kia's all noise about latest technology falls flat due to such unreliable, unfaithful navigation support.
Will Kia India do something about it?

·
2021 KIA Seltos SX Turbo
63 Posts
That's a shame, I actually wanted the inbuilt GPS. But I'm extremely happy with my Apple Talk connection with Google maps and Waze, awesome visually, really fills up the screen!

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's a shame, I actually wanted the inbuilt GPS. But I'm extremely happy with my Apple Talk connection with Google maps and Waze, awesome visually, really fills up the screen!
Lucky You. Here Indian maps mentions "Live" on the Navigation screen but maps are not updated for months, if not years. Kia India must look into this issue to help it's clints.

·
51 Posts
I haven't found a map database yet without errors and missing roads. Google Maps, built in maps from Audi, VWs, Garmin, etc. Databases will always have errors because people update them. That being said, I never use phones in my personal cars. The built in GPS maps are good enough and I update them occasionally. I use Android Auto/Google Maps or a Garmin only in rentals. Having Li Ion and Li Polymer batteries plugged in all the time isn't good for their longevity. Also, I travel places where cellular service is sparse or non-existent. Had some troubles with Google Maps saying 'map data unavailable' on large U.S. military installations where cellular service was excellent. The road maps still work on a Garmin. I'll take a built in GPS or dedicated Garmin over a mobile phone every day of the week because it works when the phone doesn't. Try accessing mobile data in a foreign country. That can be pricey unless you download your maps in advance.

·
2021 KIA Seltos SX Turbo
63 Posts
UPDATE: Well since I upgraded to the SX turbo, I now have the NAV Map. Here's my opinion, I think the size of the NAV map is very cool. I don't like the graphics though, kind of lacking. Importing the Favorites and/or address book is the worst. It took a very long time to simply add an address to My List or Favorites. Manual directions are very confusing. I have yet to actually use the Nav system. Stay tuned.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts