Kia Seltos Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had started my road trip from Ajmer to Ajmer via, Ujjain, Indore, Omkareshwar, Ajanta, Elora, Shirdi, Pune, Statue of Unity, Dwarika & back.
Regret to write that Seltos's inbuilt maps are big bulshit. They directed us to wrong roads, Hotels & guest hoses not shown. Few times it took us to dead end.
The difference between Seltos Map and Google map for the same destination was more then 50 to 80 Km at times.
Thanks to Google maps which helped us complete the trip.
Kia's all noise about latest technology falls flat due to such unreliable, unfaithful navigation support.
Will Kia India do something about it?

2021 KIA Seltos SX Turbo
210 Posts
That's a shame, I actually wanted the inbuilt GPS. But I'm extremely happy with my Apple Talk connection with Google maps and Waze, awesome visually, really fills up the screen!

2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's a shame, I actually wanted the inbuilt GPS. But I'm extremely happy with my Apple Talk connection with Google maps and Waze, awesome visually, really fills up the screen!
Lucky You. Here Indian maps mentions "Live" on the Navigation screen but maps are not updated for months, if not years. Kia India must look into this issue to help it's clints.

86 Posts
I haven't found a map database yet without errors and missing roads. Google Maps, built in maps from Audi, VWs, Garmin, etc. Databases will always have errors because people update them. That being said, I never use phones in my personal cars. The built in GPS maps are good enough and I update them occasionally. I use Android Auto/Google Maps or a Garmin only in rentals. Having Li Ion and Li Polymer batteries plugged in all the time isn't good for their longevity. Also, I travel places where cellular service is sparse or non-existent. Had some troubles with Google Maps saying 'map data unavailable' on large U.S. military installations where cellular service was excellent. The road maps still work on a Garmin. I'll take a built in GPS or dedicated Garmin over a mobile phone every day of the week because it works when the phone doesn't. Try accessing mobile data in a foreign country. That can be pricey unless you download your maps in advance.

2021 KIA Seltos SX Turbo
210 Posts
UPDATE: Well since I upgraded to the SX turbo, I now have the NAV Map. Here's my opinion, I think the size of the NAV map is very cool. I don't like the graphics though, kind of lacking. Importing the Favorites and/or address book is the worst. It took a very long time to simply add an address to My List or Favorites. Manual directions are very confusing. I have yet to actually use the Nav system. Stay tuned.

1 Posts
I had started my road trip from Ajmer to Ajmer via, Ujjain, Indore, Omkareshwar, Ajanta, Elora, Shirdi, Pune, Statue of Unity, Dwarika & back. Regret to write that Seltos's inbuilt maps are big bulshit. They directed us to wrong roads, Hotels & guest hoses not shown. Few times it took us to dead end. The difference between Seltos Map and Google map for the same destination was more then 50 to 80 Km at times. Thanks to Google maps which helped us complete the trip. Kia's all noise about latest technology falls flat due to such unreliable, unfaithful navigation support. Will Kia India do something about it?
I too have faced similar problem. It won’t show the fastest route and navigate to slip roads which is really terrible.Google maps found to be saviour in such times.Kia India has to fix this to enrich customer experience.

Seltos GT-line, (=SX), 2020 model, Mars Orange, 1.6L turbo, AWD
231 Posts
I haven't found a map database yet without errors and missing roads..... I'll take a built in GPS or dedicated Garmin over a mobile phone every day of the week because it works when the phone doesn't. Try accessing mobile data in a foreign country. That can be pricey unless you download your maps in advance.
I hear what you're saying, and there is always a lag between the updating of mapping software, so recent road changes, new developments, etc always take a while to get up there. Having said that, I think you'll find Google is right up there, followed not too long later by Apple, as they are updating regularly. The software used by the inbuilt nav systems not so often. Kia, a typical case in point, using Mapnsoft.

However, when I hired a car in France several years ago, all I had then was my trusty iPhone 6, but I did buy a French sim-card. I used the iPhone for driving all over the place, and although the Aussie lady whose voice is used was a bit hilarious at her version of many French road/street names, we always got to where we needed to get, and it was sort of comforting to have the same familiar voice guiding me. I didn't have the Seltos then, and had never had an inbuilt nav system until the Seltos. Even now if I'm really serious about finding a place, and I know it has had recent changes/additions to the roads, I will use Google maps or Apple maps, as the Seltos inbuilt, though good when it has the right data, so often just doesn't. But hey, with wireless CarPlay now via Carlink.3, the phone is perfectly adequate anyway. (y)

Seltos GT-line, (=SX), 2020 model, Mars Orange, 1.6L turbo, AWD
231 Posts
I had started my road trip from Ajmer to Ajmer via, Ujjain, Indore, Omkareshwar, Ajanta, Elora, Shirdi, Pune, Statue of Unity, Dwarika & back.
Regret to write that Seltos's inbuilt maps are big bulshit. They directed us to wrong roads, Hotels & guest hoses not shown. Few times it took us to dead end.
The difference between Seltos Map and Google map for the same destination was more then 50 to 80 Km at times.
Thanks to Google maps which helped us complete the trip.
Kia's all noise about latest technology falls flat due to such unreliable, unfaithful navigation support.
Will Kia India do something about it?
Ajmerite, correct me if I'm wrong, but others may have also had this thought. It sounds like you were setting the destination as being the same as your starting point, when you say "I had started my road trip from Ajmer to Ajmer via Ujjain, etc, etc,...& back"
Is it possible because of that, the circuitous route it chose was because it felt you did not want to just go to the furthermost point then retrace your journey on the exact same roads, which would therefore require use of more minor roads..? Hence the weird circuitous route it decided on..? Just a thought..?

2021 KIA Seltos SX Turbo
210 Posts
I agree. Although I find that the Nav system is about 90% accurate but that's in the U.S. The so-called "Up-Dates" is Horrible! The Terrible information regarding the NAV system comes from, mapnsoft (www.mapnsoft.com). I've made several complaints to this company. If everyone agrees, they too should place complaints against MAPNSOFT.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts